What is God's Kingdom?

by Gods_Kingdom 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom
    What is God's Kingdom? Some say it is in your heart. Some say it is heaven. Jehovah's Witnesses says it is a real government ruled from heaven over the earth. What do you believe is God's Kingdom? What does the Bible say?
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    So far, no one here has been able to define what god is or spirit, so I've no expectation they could possibly begin to explain a kingdom.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = human imagination inspired by ignorance and emotive theory.

Oh wait a second its... I know the Watchtower Corporation which is god's own earthly publishing house that explains whats God's Kingdom .

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

So far, no one here has been able to define what god is or spirit, so I've no expectation they could possibly begin to explain a kingdom.

I agree Viviane, Perhaps god's kingdom as envisioned by animals like us is some kind of an inherited survival mechanism to deal with the cruel world we live in.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Gods_Kingdom,

"Jehovah's Witnesses says it is a real government ruled from heaven over the earth."

So do a lot of other Christian religions.

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom

The Bible says God is a Spirit and God is Love. The Bible defines exactly what God is and what his Kingdom is. God's Kingdom based on Daniel 2:34,35, and 44 says that God's Kingdom is a real Government from heaven that will replace all human governments and that government will fill the entire earth.

Scripture explains scripture. The WT society only points to Bible scripture and offers a reasonable logical explanation of those scriptures. Jesus likewise explained scriptures. Those with an honest heart embraced those explanations and benefited.

Jesus himself said he never taught without using an illustration. He did this so only those who really wanted to know the truth would make the effort to understand what he meant. For example, Jesus said if you don't eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no everlasting life. Many walked away in disgust. His disciples asked Jesus to explain what he meant. After Jesus clarified the illustration then they understood.

God's holy spirit also helps humble ones to understand what the Bible means if you pray for it and keep praying for it. The Bible says to study to show oneself approved....rightly dividing the words of truth.

No humble, no pray, no study, no understand.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Ok Godskingdom

Explain the 1914 overlapping generation new light to me from the bible.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Gods_Kingdom,

"Jesus said if you don't eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no everlasting life."

It's ironic that you make the above statement while the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses do not participate in that eating and drinking.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    It's time I went to bed. I'm not waiting on an explanation LOL. Good Night all.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    The Bible says God is a Spirit and God is Love.

Fantastic. What is a spirit, specifically? What is it made of, where is it, how can I detect it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit