Pet Peeves

by patio34 51 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Not getting the "thank you wave" in traffic. Actually, any type of me first attitude or gesture.

• TR
    TR

Sexy women like Mr. Moe who give that "You KNOW I'm hot, but you can't have me" look.

TR- UADNA

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• detective
    detective

People who don't walk to one side of the hallway/sidewalk/stairway (preferably everybody keeping to the right... maybe the left in the UK?) You don't walk four people across blocking oncoming pedestrians, it's just rude. And really irritating.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Store clerks who speak to one another, completely ignoring you...usually they are about 16 and are talking about what happened at school....I don't care! Pay attention to me..say hello and thank you.

Drivers who drive the speed limit-anywhere. If you are so intent on going the speed limit and you notice someone riding your tail, move! I do enjoy driving slightly faster. It is my risk. I do go 20 in school zones, so no lectures on children. In residential areas, I respect the limits. On main or surface streets, please pick it up a bit-but please pay attention to stop signs and lights.

Mothers-in-law.

• patio34
    patio34

Whew, i tapped the mother lode here! I agree with all of your pet peeves.

Pat
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• Perry
    Perry

Ok,

I have to ask ...What is the Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America that several posters are using as their signature quote??

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Another one...

Holding the door open for someone and they don't say 'thank you'.

When they don't say 'thank you' I say, 'YOU'RE WELCOME!' really loud and sarcastically. Then they usually say, 'Oh...uh...um...thank you'.

• zev
    zev

Being interupted at work, when others can clearly see that :
    a. i'm on the phone
    b. the door to my office is shut (its shut ONLY when it means, don't disturb me )

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• messenger
    messenger

What is it about buffe lines that make people brain dead? They go up and stare like they never have seen food before, then they get the tongs and pick up one little piece at a time and do it thirty times. When everybody is moving one direction it seems there is always someone who thinks they are from England and have to go the opposite direction as it is their culture and back up everyone else. Then comes the bread, a basket with 400 rolls all exactly alike but the person thinks it is some kind of trick and has to study them for 30 minutes before they can find the one with their invisible name on it. Finally when they get their drink at the fill machine they never can seem to figure out how much ice they want and keep pouring some out then refilling with more ice. When filling the glass they never just hold in the lever, they have to souirt 1/2 ounce in at at time and then check the glass to make sure it went in. Whenever I go out to eat these people always manage to be in front of me. Murder, death, kill.....

• JBean
    JBean

People who leave an empty coffee pot at work ON the burner... nice fire hazard. Shut it off or make another pot, dimwit!!! : )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit