Pet Peeves

by patio34 51 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Anyone have any pet peeves they'd like to air?

Here's one that just happened at work that is an annoyance for me: When you are speaking and the person interrupts the conversation with a corny play on words or the like. For example, "i had to sit on the phone on hold for about 5 minutes, waiting . . ." retort: "Wow, that must have been uncomfortable!" You say 'yeah, yeah." They're not satisfied with that and go on to relate they're funny little joke and did you not get it? And take over the whole conversation with the inane drivel. Harumph!

What about you pet peeves?

Pat
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

A dangerous qeu. to ask a person with compulsive disorders.
    I HATE IT when someone leaves toast crumbs on the butter!! AAAHHHH

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Hair in (or around) the sink.
    Yuck!

• TR
    TR

When people stand in the doorway to a public place, like a store, and don't move. It really irritates me when people seem to think there is nobody around them. They are just unaware of others around them. Like parking their big, fat asses and their shopping carts in the middle of an aisle, leaving no room to manuever around them. GRRRR! Wake up, ASSHOLE! Their are other people in the universe!

Another one is regarding my expertise. I'm a locksmith, and sometimes while on the job, a total stranger watching me work will ask me how I pick locks! What a DUMB FUCK! Or they'll ask; "do you know how to pick locks?" DUMB ASS alert!

Another regarding work is, sometimes while working on a door to a public place like a department store(where there are several entrances) people will be attracted to the ONE DOOR that I'm working on, tools on the ground, ladder blocking the way, and they'll STILL try to go through THAT door! DIPSHITS!

TR- UADNA

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• SYN
    SYN

Dubs.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Almost There
    Almost There

Slow drivers in the passing lane. Get the **** over.

• Angharad
    Angharad

People who go to the fridge, take the last of something and leave the empty packaging behind [>:(] (not mentioning any names here)

I'm with you TR on people standing in the doorway or in the aisles. At our supermarket the taxi pick up point is right outside the door. So get all these stupid people just stop and block the way out while they wait to their taxi - I get very tempted to ram them out of the way with my trolley.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm with Almost There....I've had it with drivers from other states blocking my Jersey Turnpike on the way to work.

The speed limit is 65, but the unofficial Jersey speed limit is as fast as we can push our cars to go, yet some out-of-state assholes prefer to stay in the fast lane (going 65), while there is plenty of room in the slower lanes.

BTW, I have a 70 mile trek to work one way, so that's why speeding is so valuable to me.

ashi

• Simon
    Simon

People who drive caravans

People getting paid to do jobs that they can't really do who have everyone else running round doing it for them.

• Perry
    Perry

Living in one of the most obese cities in the world has prompted my pet peeve. My girlfriend is from Czech Republic and that was the first thing she noticed, the obesity.

Here it is:

You're in a grocery store some person who weighs in excess of 300lbs is just slowly ambling along and you cannot pass. They seem unwilling or unable to accomodate people that are of the size that the aisles we designed for.

Makes me want to scream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit