Spy vs. Spy

by TR 39 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

hey wendy,

I'm sorry that your child has been sick. Seems that time of year. Glad you're rested.

and now as I read them I feel that you are basically saying it is my fault deal with it, and that I basically was asking for it. -wendy

The words/pictures we choose to post for others to read is of our own making, whether our names, addresses, thoughts, pictures, sexual inuendos - we announce to whomever is reading - This Is Me, Do What You Wish With Me. Yes, we are responsible for our own actions. We are not responsible for another's actions - but it would be wise to be aware of the fact we don't know their capabilities and aggressiveness.

Several times within the past 8 mos. idiots have come on and caused significant hurt/irritation to a lot of us. I don't know the thread names, but most of us were included in the gross insults, ranging from our capabilities, talents, backgrounds, looks, mental abilities. We allowed this by being here - giving that person information which he in turn, used upon us. Just part of the freedom of the web. The more information we give - the more a pervert's going to see us as interesting. We did come back at him - hard and sarcastic. He went away till another time, somewhat like Satan, I guess.

If a person is strong enough to handle the attack, and for some reason, feel the need or reason to have a picture up in spite of the ignorant people who attack, so be it. - waiting

We all make the choice to be here - how much we want to reveal about ourselves is our decision.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 27 January 2001 13:52:31

• spectromize
    spectromize

Hey tr!

You should know about spies because your one of them.

No question in my mind why your asking this question and why claudia joins in. You probably spied on the org. for many years before you got your certificate so why ask the people here what they think of spies.

• trevor
    trevor

You know it's not just women who have to think twice about placing a photo. If the fellow happens to be good-looking, some people think he is in love with himself or wants the women to fancy him. I don't believe that is the motive in most cases but it has to be considered.

I know Java (recent photo) is too modest to be included in this remark - anyway I prefered the coffee cup - Java was it? I expect the women have other opinions.

trevor

• JAVA
    JAVA

I just clicked on this topic, and see that mug shots are being discussed. It's a shame the world has a few idiots who manage to get on-line when they're not playing with themselves. Even the lowest common dominators surface on the Web, thus showing the missing link has been found. The poor things crave attention by being jerks because it's the highest level they've obtained after crawing from the swamp. What do you do with this subspecies?

We can ignore them, get mad at them, be afraid of them, alter our lives because of them, try protecting ourselves from them, etc. Each person decides how they'll handle this species, not because one method is better than another, but because that's what works for us at that time. I'm sorry Wendy and others were impacted by the jerk who broke into the group. I'm sorry Wendy's picture is missing from her posts, because I appreciate seeing people I'm talking with or who talk to me. For me, it adds a touch of realness to the cyber community.

Trevor, sorry the coffee cup is missing from my profile. The fuzzy mug shot is there for the same reasons listed above. I'm a 54-year old fossil who's not out to entice women, men or missing links who occasionally slither into cyber groups. After years of not liking myself as a JW, I like the person I've discovered a little late in life (mug shot, gray hair, beard and all).

JAVA, counting time at the Coffee Shop

• trevor
    trevor

Hi Java,

It,s a great photo - nothing like a fossil. If I had all that hair I think I'd place a photo. Hope you leave the shot there it is nice to know what you look like - still miss the coffee.

trevor

• TR
    TR

spectromize,

Hey tr!

You should know about spies because your one of them.

No question in my mind why your asking this question and why claudia joins in. You probably spied on the org. for many years before you got your certificate so why ask the people here what they think of spies.

You give me too much credit. I don't have time to spy. It was a legitimate question I asked. The Society has a vested interest in keeping their flock, and it ain't the flock's salvation that the Society is worried about.

TR

• spectromize
    spectromize

TA TA TA TR,

Not only do I give you too much credit but I stand by my words.

• TR
    TR

Spec,

What in sam hell are you talking about?

TR

• claudia
    claudia

Yeah Spec what the hell are you talking about? We have no clue! your insinuations about me and tr are strange

• TR
    TR

Yo, yo Spectromize,

Still waiting for an answer. If you are not going to attempt to explain yourself, don't make the accusation. If it's a bizarre attempt at humor, then Ha Ha!

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit