Believing in God - Challenge

by jgnat 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Still,

"Humanity has been creating gods to do exactly what this thread is trying to acheive. A god that works for us. A god we can understand, a god that explains the unknown. When it comes to gods we are no more advanced than a cave man."

You might even say this god idea is in our DNA it is how consciousness was making sense in the psyche of a host of things, and just as the colors of the rainbow are all projection of the psyche on the appearences of the outside world so are gods. I think it good to recognizes this and withdraw as many projections as possible by an intellectual recognition of them.

http://suite101.com/article/what-is-projection-a60383

http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/p

• still thinking
    still thinking

You might even say this god idea is in our DNA

Yes, I might say that if I wanted to make up MORE stuff about what god COULD be if I had the desire to invent a god I wanted to believe in.

We can say whatever nonsense we like and claim that it is god, or god caused it. Because we don't need evidence. We just need faith for god to exist in our minds. These statments that make it SEEM that there is a scientific explanation are no more than fantasy cloaked in pseudo scientific language.

and just as the colors of the rainbow are all projection of the psyche on the appearences of the outside world so are gods.

What EXACTLY does that mean? That gods are just a projection of our psyche?

If that is the case, we need to recognise that for what it is, and remove the god delusion from our phyche. Maybe then people would accept the wonder of reality for what it is. Wonderous.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Still,

Withdrawing projections is good for your health, and a step towards wholeness Jung spoke about, the less we project outside ourselves the more alive and conscious we come. So yes I agree. If we recognize it as a projection it becomes withdrawn, but these things take time and a lot of scrutiny, not a simple matter for some/or any. Definately one's frame of reference gets shifted quite a bit in the process, with all kinds of effects: world projected veiws, and how we respond to them. Some people may not be ready for it and may never be ready for it. But none the less those that are the outcome should be good.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Heh, from the title, I thought this thread was a face-off or show-down, a competition to see who could believe in God the strongest...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Frankie...are you a Jung junkie...LOL

• still thinking
    still thinking

Heh, from the title, I thought this thread was a face-off or show-down, a competition to see who could believe in God the strongest...

Well...if thats the case...I win...I believed the strongest...when I believed.

Prove me wrong...can't?

I win!!!! LOL

I think this thread is an attempt to convince ourselves that god could be real or that god can be whatever we want him to be if we think hard enough about it. It's a hypothetical test of reason vs reality. Prove that we can all see the positive effects of believing that god could be real...then convince yourself that you have good reason to believe in delusion because even non believers can see the benefits.

I see NO benefit in believing in a god unless you

a/ fear death

b/ need emotional support that you think you are unable to give yourself. (ironically you still give it to yourself, but don't own it)

c/ cannot accept that there is no need for a god to fill all gaps.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I think we are throwing out beliefs and doing some anylizations, trying to be as honest as possible looking at the negatives and positives and letting our computer do the rest.

I don't really have any beliefs at least none worth defending just a searcher for god(self) knows what. But if I had a belief my concern is:Is it benifical for my psyche? Nothing in my book is written in stone and I'm good with erasers.

• frankiespeakin
  • soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thanks for explaining ST. But then isn't love also like that? though in thinking about it we didn't, at least as witnesses, view God like that - as someone one can fall in and out of love with. If one fell out of love with him one was damned. so bravo I do get your point

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If one fell out of love with him one was damned.

Stalkers are kind of like that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit