A question for Athiests

by EndofMysteries 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Talk about a fantasy.

Prove it.

Agree. Prove it is all a fantasy. Do it, you know you want to.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Atheists are in a fantasyland of their own choosing." ~ NightOwl

The above sweeping statement reminds me of a saying:

“When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” ~ Louis Nizer
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It's hard for me to understand how an all-powerful, all-knowing, sentient being came to exist just by chance.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Life came about from a "primordial soup"?

Are you kidding me?

Talk about a fantasy.

Prove it.

Well just saying it like that, doesn't make it valid. Exactly what part do you disagree with? 'primordial soup' is a pretty general term to discuss many processes. So which one do you think is implausible?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have to admit I didn't 'believe in' evolution...LOL

But in reality...you are not required to 'believe' in it at all. Just understand it. And that was the problem I had. I didn't understand it..I thought I did.

Once you grasp an understanding of how it works there is a substantial amount of evidence to suggest it is true. But learning about evolution is not as easy as you think. People only think it is easy, when they don't understand it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://fffmks.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/god-watching-tv.jpg

.............................OUTLAW

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

If the world was perfect, and we were perfect, and the animals were perfect in the natural world, then you might have a tiny smidgin' of an argument. The fact that we are piss-poor from a design point of view kind of blows your point of view out of the water. If we (crap as we are in our mental capacity) can imagine a far better world, and biologists can imagine a better way that we could be made, it suggests that a creator made us 'badly' in the first place on purpose. If you need to know more about this subject, the answers can be found on the internet. Richard Dawkins has explained several times how if we were designed to be the pinnacle of god's creation, then we were designed by a kack-handed idiot. If you need quick answers, try youtubing 'richard dawkins design flaws' or something. I know there's a rather interesting video about the laryngeal nerve on a giraffe, and how it simply can't have been designed that way on purpose by a creator..... unless he wanted his work to look intentionally shoddy.

The truth is out there.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

You believe a talking snake made a naked woman eat some fruit 6000 years ago but those scientific fact are just wrong. mmm

Now which sounds sillier.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Life came about from a "primordial soup" "all powerful being with no beginning and no end"?

Are you kidding me?

Talk about a fantasy.

Prove it.

NightOwl

Beks

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Beks,

Don't try to flip it on me.

NightOwl

Share this

Google+