12/15/12 Watchower Study Edition - Higher Eduction = Thinking in a "complicated" manner

by yourmomma 71 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I found this quote from the 12/15/12 P.29 Study edition of the watchtower to be hilarious:

"A college graduate in the United States
    says: “I spent 18 years speaking and writing
    in the abstract language of higher education.
    I developed a habit of speaking
    and thinking in a way that was more complicated
    than necessary. I realized I needed
    to make big changes in my way of thinking
    and speaking.” Now an effective evangelizer,
    she writes: “The simplified Watchtower has
    proved to be a great help. Its language gives
    me an excellent example of how to put things
    simply.”

So apparantly watchtower wants educated people to dumb themselves down and would rather they read the dumbed down edition of the watchtower. And a college educated person needs to "make big changes in their way of thinking, because its "complicated". LOL

Its one thing to suggest that its good for children, but the suggestion that a person who is college educated would purposly dumb herself down so as to not think too "complicated" is laughable.

And its hilarious when watchtower claims they are not anti education. Its clear they want stupid lemmings and fear education.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I can't seem to find this magazine on the web. It certainly is not available on the Watchtower.org site. Is there another web site that publishes current Watchtower literature?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

That is sew stoopid!

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Who are the lawyers who represent the Organization, did they get a secular education? Do they use little words in court to defend the the brothers?

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

"High Education" = "Critical Thinking" = "Asking Questions" and "Demanding Evidence (Bereans)". Mindless drones are happy to do without asking why! Why do college graduates scare the "men behind the curtains", they use their skills in New York to further business as usual.

Do you know of any highly educated people once they came in the organization, decided to hand over their Christian Freedom? They are forced to talk like a third grader not to offend their leaders with big words or questions.

" Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you. [Peter 3:15]

• irondork
    irondork

The WTS is coming at their anti-education position from a different angle. Now it is that people who are too educated are often too wordy for the work of an evangelizer.

For the sake of being an evangelizer, it does make sense to be prepared to communicate in simpler terms, the language of the common people, but the same principle holds true if you happen to be speaking to someone with a higher education. The apostle Paul suggested we be all things to all people. Good advice. However, true to it's own stupidity, the WTS is emphasizing only one side of this counsel, "prepare to be a simpleton", for the sake of painting education as a useless waste of money that will only hinder your higher calling.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you know of any highly educated people once they came in the organization, decided to hand over their Christian Freedom?

Frankly, it seems to me that anyone who has come into the org who has a graduate degree is not just respected and admired, but often revered: (s)he's an engineer, a lawyer, a CPA, a chiropractor, etc. All this while at the same time the Org belittles anyone for seeking out higher education. Although perhaps it's more to do with the money. If you're a farmer or a construction worker, but have acquired a lot of money, they still worship you.

Doc

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

THINKING

IS NOT

THE SAME

AS

SPEAKING

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

HelpMeBelieve said:

Who are the lawyers who represent the Organization, did they get a secular education? Do they use little words in court to defend the the brothers?

I can imagine a transcript of a court case involving WT lawyers:

WT lawyer: "Your Honor, I OBJECT!"

Judge: "On what grounds?"

WT lawyer: "On the grounds that opposing counsel used a few really big words that I don't understand!"

Judge: "<sigh>... Objection over-ruled...."

WT lawyer: "Uh, your honor?"

Judge: "What now, counselor...."

WT lawyer: "Is that the one where you agree with me, or you agree with him?"

Judge: (slaps forehead....)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can't have the rank-and-file educated enough to spot circular reasoning. Or internet savy enough to research the history and out of print Watchtower publications to discover TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit