Overlapping Generation/GB/Doug Sanderson

by Simon Morley 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

My apologies of this topic has been covered already - please redirect me if it has:

Current Belief is:

Watchtower (Study Edition), April 15th, 2010 Issue, Pages 27-29:

"This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. ... What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37."

If we take the latest possible date for the conclusion of GB Version 1.0 that would be the death of Freddy Franz in 1995. All GB members who were born after 1914 would be part of GB Version 2.0 (Henschel, Jaracz and others were all born after 1914, BUT overlapped). Here is the tricky part – Doug Sanderson was born in 1965, thus he would have to been a partaker at the memorial no later than his 30 th birthday. Specifically he would have had to partake at the memorial in 1995 as Freddy Franz died in December 1995. Doug was born on April 2 nd , 1965; the memorial of 1995 was either before or after his 30 th birthday. Does anyone recall his partaking no later that year?

This puts a whole strange bent on the anointing/anointed GB members. As the WT study above gives the impression that if you did not partake before the memorial of 1995 then you are not of “this generation” Jesus, evidently spoke of. So is the appointment of Doug Sanderson the beginnings of GB Version 2.1 or 3.0? Is this the way they will deal with the increasing numbers who are partaking each year, particularly since 2007 when there was an uptick on the numbers?

Still, I was an elder in 1995 and I would have looked with suspicion of some 29 year old started partaking, especially as I had a number in the congregation that lived through (and were interred) during the war in Canada and there were those serving in the Canada branch that had already lived through 30 – 40 years of service before Doug came on the scene.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I think you may have confused names? Mark Sanderson vs Doug Sanderson. I believe the new gb member is Mark Sanderson.

~mb

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you use the search engine on this forum you'll come to a bunch of topic threads about this NEW generation subject.

Jwfacts said it right though .... " The GB have proven that the generation can extend forever. The 2008 generation teaching was that it was a 2000 year generation including all the anointed. Now it is an overlap. In 50 years it may become an overlap of an overlap. The GB can make up any illogical definition and most of the followers will agree without question. "

Interesting though that Jesus himself never used the word overlap and did use the two words This Generation as a singular expression not one of a

pluralistic expression.

Now the WTS. would never go beyond what is written in the bible just to deceivingly substantiate a false doctrine that they themselves previously created would they ?

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Mind Blown-----------keep up with the facts.........New GB member full name is DOUGLAS MARK SANDERSON,,,,,like many Watchtower

entities they try to obscure there identities

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Mark sounds more biblical. I can't imagine an apostle being named "Doug".

Can you imagine "The Gospel According to Doug"?

Might as well c all it "The Gospel According to Bruce"

• elderelite
    elderelite

SM, with respect you carried that wt a bit farther than they wanted it.. They were looking to divorce dates, not set new one.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Two problems with your presentation.

1. They never said their lives AS ANOINTED ONES would overlap, just that the lives of anointed ones would overlap. They will stretch it out to include babies born past 1995.

2. Even if their lives AS ANOINTED ONES were needed to overlap, Sanderson might not be part of the overlap.

I could add a third problem,

3. The doctrine means whatever "we" say it means and stop trying to look for flaws in it.

• VM44
    VM44

Douglas Mark Sanderson is the name of the new 47 year old Governing Body member.

He goes by his middle name "Mark."

• bob1999
    bob1999

"They never said their lives AS ANOINTED ONES would overlap, just that the lives of anointed ones would overlap."

The WTS taught, at one time, that babies born in the year 1914 would be included in "the generation".

So a baby born in 1914 lives to be 100. Becomes a member of the "anointed" at some point in his life.

Just before he dies he meets a newborn child.

That newborn child lives to be 100 and somewhere along the way becomes part of the "anointed".

Looks like the BIG A has, at least, until 2114.

Peace

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

EE: Good point, I was not looking to establish a new date but to show the ludicrousness of this. MR FLIPPER makes a subtle distinction in that I fell into thinking it was annointed state vs physical + later annointed state. So anybody born before December 22, 1995 (now in their late teens) becoming a future partaker could push this out till 2075???? (80 yrs) or 2114 as bob1999 suggests.

This so called new light sure has some major holes in it, but my stillins never see that what it has accomplished is to dim the light on 1914 and turn attention towards simply buying time to reset the Great Tribulation/Armageddon to a time that suits their purpose. Meanwhile Sanderson is just the first step in GenX stepping up to assume control of the WTB$ along side the Baby Boomers that are already there. All coprporations must have succession plans to keep them alive, WTB$ is no different than any other in this respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit