Overlapping Generation/GB/Doug Sanderson

by Simon Morley 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's all to stall. They know they are a scam, and are working as long as possible to enslave and damn as many people as possible before they are exposed. Better for them to come up with a new way to string generations end to end, as one might Christmas light strands, than to have to watch the last person born in or before 1914 die and nothing happen. This way, they have until around 2150 before they have to add another string of lights.

All a way to get another generation of children into damnation. They are damned into living stagnant lives this time, and reincarnated with hang-ups and fate-related crap they will have a miserable time undoing in future lifetimes. This is not going to let them advance in their lives, work on their hang-ups now or in the future, or teach them anything useful. I only wish final damnation on each and every one of those who are working so hard on their scams.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The simple fact is the WTS. could only come up with the Overlapping generation because there was no other way

to release themselves from 1914, which is an obvious unsupported biblical interpretation.

The reason why no other Christian based religion had made or proclaimed this particular doctrine.

After the longest possible life span occurs 100 years + from 1914, this doctrine in the truest sense becomes invalid.

Since 1914 is a part of the core doctrines of this organization, it had be spun up to keep that all important image that the WTS.

is really chosen by god.

The WTS. has been selling millions of pieces of literature for over a century based upon we are living in the end times.

1914 for the WTS. was not only a core doctrine, it was also a marketing strategy for this religious publishing house.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

We are continually indoctrinated that the end is coming "soon". Even the brother from another congregation who gave the public talk made a comment, that if we didn't believe the end was coming 'soon', then we had some sort of problem that we had to resolve in our thinking. Regularly in prayers also, brothers speak of things which are going to happen 'soon'.

The truth of the matter is this, Jesus told his apostles that the timing of the end was none of their business!! (Acts 1:7)

He warned them several times that "at a time that they did not expect" he would come. Then what? He was going to settle accounts with his slaves - both faithful ones and evil ones!! (Rev. chapters 2 & 3 and 16:15)

After he's dealt with those in "God's household", (2 Thess. 2:41; 1st Peter 4:17) then he will deal with those who have totally rejected his ransom. (2 Thess. 1:8-10)

Christians have been warned to be concerned about their Christian conduct and identity, not about the time of the end!!

But it keeps everyone on tenterhooks doesn't it? Keeps up the pressure!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

According to this juicy tidbit the " overlapping" could continue for quite some time. Just do the math. This is an advertisement from the AWAKE magazine entitled " Many now living will never die ". Take the date of the last appearance of this ad, ( 1989 ) and throw in the average human life span, or the longest lived human on record and see when the end could come....... If this is another false prophecy, none of us will be alive to say " I told you so..".

05-22-1989 Awake!

This is no wild assertion. There are sound reasons to believe it.

The Watchtower and Awake! magazines regularly point to these Bible-based reasons. Send only $10 and you will receive both magazines (four copies a month) for one year, postpaid.

Please send a year's subscription for TheWatchtower and Awake! I enclose $10 (U.S.). (Outside the U.S.A., write to local Watch Tower branch for information.)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The time of the end was the right marketing strategy for the WTS. to make.

This spin doctoring of the generation time table gets absorbed by most JWS because there's so much involving indoctrination

of the end times purposely forced into people's brains.

As The Searcher has pointed out, Jesus left much counseling as to NOT make prophetic dates to his return, but

to know and believe that he would come Unexpectedly like a thief in the night.

The probable reason why most Christian based religions have not made any specific dating toward Christ's return in accordance to bible Scripture.

The WTS. is not just a false prophet, its a commercialized false prophet, running a publishing house.

Unfortunately 7 million JWS cant see this through their own blind stupidity and ignorance.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I was not looking to… show the ludicrousness of this.”

Take a look at this:

Solving Its Generation Doctrine available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/03/solving-its-generation-doctrine.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• sir82
    sir82

Minor correction, Fred Franz died in 1992, pushing the anointment (?) back even further.

In a convention talk a few years back, Geoff Jackson emphasized (1) that there would be one overlap only - not repeated overlaps, and (2) the actual "overlap" would be of the anointing period. I.e., it wouldn't be enough for Joe Anointed to have been born before Franz's death in 1992; in order for him to count as an "overlapper" he would have begun partaking prior to 1992.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Interesting, so how long has The new gb on the block been partaking? Oh, it's private and they don't keep count anymore... how convenient..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He twice read the comment: “Jesus evidently meant that the lives of the anointed ones who were on hand when the sign began to be evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.” We do not know the exact length of “this generation,” but it includes these two groups whose lives overlap.”— The Watchtower, June 15, 2010, p. 5.

Where the hell does Jesus say the lives of these certain ones would overlap one another ?

I'm I missing something here ?

What I read out of Jesus's words that once the signs of the end times began the generation that witnessed those apparent signs would not

pass away. Anointed or not anointed ! Where they pulled this overlapping generation(s) is made up wholly by themselves.

It kind of eludes to the fact that they wrongly created 1914 as a special year of significance and now they are doubling back to

add something that wasn't really mentioned in the scriptures .......and they say they don't go beyond what is written in the bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The absurdity of this teaching continues to amaze me.

I fully understand how influential mind control can be, but I really am starting to wonder if some of the slumbering troops are mumbling behind mother's back after being fed this "fine spritual food" "shit sandwich".

I really don't think I could create a more ridiculous biblical doctrine, even if a gun were held to my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit