Overlapping Generation/GB/Doug Sanderson

by Simon Morley 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A minor could do it, ( The law allows alcohol for religious services) but I've never heard of it.

"Partaking" is made into a bigger deal than it is.

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is no age attached to partaking but its mostly done so usually by adults or as young as adolescents.

• AleFer
    AleFer
    So, assuming overlapping of only two generations who knew each other while the members of the first one were already partaking, for example if you were born in 1975 and become anointed when you were 17, and you knew Freddy Franz that year in which he died, then the new doctrine could be that the faithful born after 1975 will never die :)
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

God's Kingdom Rules book (2014), Page 12:

At least some of those in the second group will live to see the beginning of the coming tribulation. The two groups form one generation because their lives as anointed Christians overlapped for a time.

Anyone who was anointed after the death of the last of the anointed ones in the first group—that is, after those who witnessed the “beginning of pangs of distress” in 1914—would not be part of “this generation.”—Matt. 24:8.

• AleFer
    AleFer
    Oh, then it's their lives AS ANOINTED...
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

I have a question

Since they had us out there telling everyone for a century that we were in the Last Days.....and we clearly weren't ..(it's 2015).....what has the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society done to correct that message to every single, solitary soul that heard that misinformation and made decisions based on this info from 'God's servant?'

Oh.....nothing?

Cult.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I ate lunch with Max Larson at Bethel. I guess I'm an overlapper.

I wouldn't waste one brain cell on this nonsense, except to help someone see the nonsense of it all. BTW, there is a scripture that destroys the "overlapper" nonsense, and it's so simple!

Betcha don't know what it is.......

DD

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    They are clearly running out of ideas and so they are clinging the the generation thing and stretching it out to the breaking point. It sucks when your caught in a delusion and searching for new ideas to keep it alive for the rest of the corporation lackeys.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If there is any reference to the corruption and deceit the WTS uses to exploit the bible for its own appealing means , this over lapping doctrines is a prime candidate.

The organization didn't go beyond what is written, it actually added to what is written to serve there own means and purpose.

• Splash
    Splash

Diagram of overlapping generations - the latest teaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit