Cats and Dogs should not be spayed or neutered!

by IMHO 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

People don't keep cats. Cats stay because it's advantageous for them to do so.

We're not talking about a stray cat that's hung around your house. We are talking about a cat that someone purposely acquired either as a kitten or rescued from an animal shelter for the sole purpose of it being a pet. In which case it is your responsibility to make sure it is secure on your property and always inside at night. Besides, if a cat is cared for from a kitten and loved, it won't run away. I had a cat from 10 weeks old, let him outside every day in the yard, sometimes he would jump the back fence and play in the bushes behind our house, mostly he laid in the back yard, but come dinner time, he was always home and then never let out at night.

Why do people get so emotional about cats being killed. They are animals. Those same people would quite happily kill a mouse and not be bothered if "their" cat kills one.

Once again. We are talking about animal that is a pet and is raised as part of your household, not a wild animal. Only a heartless wanker would even ask why people would get emotional when a beloved pet is killed. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
    Why do people get so emotional when another human is killed? Afterall unless it's someone they're close to, why should they give a shit? Humans are just another species of animal. That seems to be your logic. Why feel something for one kind of animal and not another?

I love all animals, you can't have one rule for "pets" and another for all the others.

You do not love all animals or you wouldn't even question of whether it is right spay them or not or even question why people get emotional when one dies. Yes, you can have one rule for pets and another for all others. Of course there are rules for animals people decide to have as pets. And there are good reasons for those laws. There are even different laws regarding pets depending on what kind of property you live on, whether you live in suburbia, city or rural.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Maybe IMHO should find a good home for the cat, and get a nile crocodile as a pet, instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gouca71Nrpo

croc sign

Who knows? They might make great watchdog - er, watchcrocs...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Or should we go round fixing all the rabbits

People DO neuter and spay their pet rabbits for EXACTLY the same reason.

They also spay and neuter pet rats. I've never heard of mice though......do they do mice?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Speaking as a hamster-owner... Which are pretty close to mice....

Ya keep the males and females in separate cages...

Or you end up with what I had, when I adopted my first hamster.

She turned out to be preggies...

Naturally, I separated mommy from the male babies as soon as they were weaned!!! 'Cuz I didn't want THIS to happen...

baby hamsters

• IMHO
    IMHO

The tone of many comments show you all up for what you really are.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Spoken like a true gentleman.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" The tone of many comments show you all up for what you really are."

Aw man, grow a pair and say what you really mean. Geez...

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Actually spaying and neutering your pet saves them from getting certain forms of cancer later in life.

Maybe someone needs to go to a shelter on "kill", "euthanize", day,and see if they still don't believe in spay and neuter.

In the United States,4 to 5 million cats and dogs are destroyed per year,just for lack of homes. It used to be even higher,but spay and neuter programs have dropped that number. Of course,it is still way too high,and more work needs to be done.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I got a rescue dog from my county and I was required to spay her. I wish it were another way to spay beside surgery.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I got a rescue dog from my county and I was required to spay her. I wish it were another way to spay beside surgery." Queen Witch

Well, speaking as a human who was "spayed", it's a lot more efficient than birth control pills!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit