Cats and Dogs should not be spayed or neutered!

by IMHO 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

that's because he and his opinions are humble.

IMHO, I guess you expected this reaction. Any impressions on the responses?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sooooooooo.....

If you're not going to spay your cat, are you prepared to house, feed, and provide veterinarian care for the results???

"Cats can have up to 5 litters a YEAR. it's usually more like 3 or 4. Each litter can be from 1 kitten to 10 or more. The average is 4-6 kittens per litter. Cats have kittens as long as they live. Each kitten in a litter has kittens. Each of those kittens has kittens.
    According to humane sites one un-spayed female cat and one un-neutered male cat and their offspring results in 420,000 kittens in 7 years.
    It takes a male cat to produce each of those kittens. So spay AND neuter. ..."

From: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_kittens_could_a_female_cat_have_in_her_lifetime

Boy, is your home going to stink!!!

• IMHO
    IMHO

I've given it a few days and yes Glander it is the response I expected. There is no point in defending my views to those that oppose it as anyone who has been a JW will understand.

Suffice to say they got by fine before man decided to start operating on them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see, loaded with judgement without explanation. Sounds JW all right. You understand that this is a discussion board.

Yes, these little critters got along fine in the wilderness without us. Just like rabbits, their high breeding rates were needed because of their high mortality rate. Did I mention our Cougars? Even a Golden Eagle can fly off with a cat around here. But these days, we want little fluffy to live to ripe old age of eighteen or so. Little fluffy, and all of little fluffy's progeny.

IN YOUR DEFENCE, my son-in-law who comes from another culture, was horrified when my daughter sent her cat in to be neutered. I think he secretly wondered if she wanted the same procedure done to HIM. After she bombarded him with the statistics he's come around. By the way, there aren't many domestic pets where he comes from. They have to be a little half-wild to survive. I am sure the natural mortality rates keep their numbers down.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my mom used to have un-fixed cats.............. to make a story short my mom did quite a bit of "vet-like" stitching.

• TD
    TD

Cats: Most definitely

Dogs: It depends.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Cats and dogs most definitely should be spayed or neutered unless you are going to responsibly breed them.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

IMHO wrote: Suffice to say they got by fine before man decided to start operating on them.

Did they really 'get along fine', or were their numbers controlled by the wild? I would imagine that 400,000+ little kittens fed quite a few bison, bear, cougars and snakes.

This conversation reminds me of conversation with my JW mom when I was having my 2 boy kittens 'fixed'. She thought it was a waste of money since male cats can't have kittens.

-Aude.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

IMHO is a troll.

Opinions are shit.

What informs your opinion is what I want to hear.

• jam
    jam

Let us get Jehovah,s view on the matter.

Consider Sodom and Gomorrah, why did Jehovah

destroy the cities. The detestable things done in those

cities. Would a true servant of Jehovah associate or invite

one into his home? We must remerber, the whole city was

destroyed including cats and dogs.

It,s true that domestic cats reproductive habits associate them

with devoted motherhood, fertility and promiscuity, yes female

cats are of course highly promiscuous.

We in Bethel do not associate or house any cats or dogs here.

Would Jehovah approve of such promiscuous sex in his branch.

The sounds of cats in the middle of the nite fornicating in Gods

house.

Our view, besides being a birth control method it decrease

the sex hormone levels. If that,s what it will take, do so.

A true servant of Jehovah would not assocate or invite a

promiscuous creatures in his home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit