Cowboys Beat Giants 24/17

by yknot 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• Glander
    Glander

Montana was known for his poise when being rushed, then throwing a pinpoint pass. I am only saying that Romo did that a couple of times and was successful.

"Mr Roma. I knew Joe Montana, and you're no Joe Montana"

OK?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Thanks for the history UC! I had no idea Danny White won one. I wasn't on this earth when he pulled that off.

he's known as the QB that couldn't get it done.

Fitting name, and can aptly apply to Romo.

Question, why doesn't anyone ever bring up Marino in the same light as Romo or Danny White? He never won a Bowl either, right?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Danny white is apt. Same team, talented, never won championship.

Dan marino was all time great. Apples and oranges.

Dont misunderstand... For years i would have loved romo playing for the skins instead of sexy rexy or (god help us) john beck. But hes not marino and hes damn sure no joe montana ;)

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

No one has replaced the Triplets. But someday other teams will tremble again when they hear "American's Team".

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

" Incidentally, I was responding to the question about why people don't like Romo. I didn't think it was to address every QB who chokes under pressure."

My point was that the "Romo is a choke artist" idea may or may not be true. But he has better numbers in choke-able situations than Rivers or Rodgers and nobody calls those guys choke artists.

Maybe it's because the position of Dallas Cowboys quarterback is arguably the hottest seat in all of sports and they brought that on themselves with the silly America's Team nonsense. (Actually I guess that wasn't nonsense from a money POV, since their merch sells well outside of Dallas.)

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

My point was that the "Romo is a choke artist" idea may or may not be true. But he has better numbers in choke-able situations than Rivers or Rodgers and nobody calls those guys choke artists.

Rodgers won a Super Bowl, Rivers has won multiple playoff games including a trip to the AFC Championship Game. Has Romo even won a playoff game? I mean other than a Wild Card?

I still like Romo, something about him as a man I dig. Bromance I guess you can call it.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Common miz let me hear yoy say it...:

"Thats my quarter back..... You can talk about him but thats not right :'( "

• Theocratic Sedition
  • elderelite
    elderelite

Seriously Hemp, you cannot be so biased that you really think being QB of the cowgirls is more of a hot seat than QB in NY.... be honest with yourself. The cowboys havent been relevant in 10+ years. There is local pressure and its relevant to cowboy fans, but thats true of every team. I would say being QB in Greenbay is more intense.. they have a real winning tradition and Aaron Rodgers is following a real winning QB. The cowboys are a joke.

Being a starting Pitcher in NY is way hotter than cowboys QB. Point guard for the lakers or bulls. Being a big time NBA center. Being a gardner is more pressure than cowboy QB, come to think of it

although I standby my OP. Romo is a decent QB and the redskins would have been signifigantly better with him than with Rexy.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Nah, I'm not that biased. Hence, the word "arguably."

We've been mediocre for so long that winning is just another pleasant surprise. I was just hoping that Romo wouldn't get knocked out for the season last night - lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit