HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

by Fifth Column 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

@jwfacts

"The whole war argument is insane" not really as i said the mark of CHRISTIANITY is love for your neigbour.

Now you have listed a dozen or more other faiths that apparently refuse to go to war. Not sure that half these have been tested in the world wars or since but supposing they are the next test is how many of them preach christianity around the world.

@ninja - Just because you "said the mark of Christianity is love" does not make war wrong. JWs love to cherry pick. Mostly the old testament is the basis for their doctrine, but in this case, because you think it suits, it is the New Testament that you want to draw upon. But taken as a whole, the Bible shows that God wants and directs his people to war against non-believers. Or will you ignore the bits of the Bible that don't suit?

You are creating a strawman argument - indicating you think Chrisitanity is marked by a group that don't go to war and preach around the world. It is a strawman, as that is never stated in the Bible. But, as much as it is an irrelevant question, I will bother to go down your contrived track. JWs do not preach around the world. Around half the people in the world will never hear about a Jehovah's Witness. There are countries that have no JW's like China. So the answer to your question is no one Chrisitan group, including JWs, preaches all around the world. JW's are more reprehensible than some of the other groups, as they are bigotted enough to make the preposterous claim that God will kill the billions that have never heard of a Jehovah's Witness, despite never being given the chance to convert.

In fact, with the perverse logic of the Watchtower, it would be more loving for JWs to go to war, since the people they kill would at least then get a resurrection, instead of eternal annihilation at Armageddon.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Dear Fifth Column,

What sort of spiritual feeding habits keeps "publishers of the good news" blind to the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Fifth Column...would it surprise you to know:

THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE TRUE GOD

• base their teachings on the Bible - All churches of Christendom use the Bible as their basis of belief
    • worship only Jehovah and make his name known - Most Christian Churches use the name Jehovah as part of their teaching
    • show genuine love for one another - Christians, Jews and even Atheists show love...
    • accept Jesus as God’s means of salvation - This is the core belief of the churches of Christendom
    • are no part of the world - are JW's?...I suspect that you are "part of the world" in some fashion or another!
    • preach God’s Kingdom as man’s only hope - last time I checked, Christendom does that...and several denominations incorporate some type of door to door work as part of this preaching

So...using your checklist, does that mean the Churches of Christendom qualify as true worshippers?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS and the WTS. is an orchestrated commercialized fraud, not actually inspired to promote bible truths but to exploit the belief in the bible

for the purpose of proliferating their own published works, at the same time self empowering the top executive editorial writers of this religious publishing

house. The Watchtower Corporation was never chosen by god, the men of WTS. were the ones who choose Jehovah

Sometimes you have to make things simple for simple minded people.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

@ninja - I want to clarify that I am not suggesting war is a good thing, and am particularly opposed to being an aggressor in war. However, it is not a black and white discussion, and war is inevitable, even if small groups of people think they are not being hypocritical by benefitting from their nations armies yet refusing to participate in it.

The point is that the Bible in no way indicates that God's people should not be involved in war. It is false reasoning to say JWs are the true religion because they do not go to war (and preach), when the Bible shows war is required at times.

It is also a common comment by JWs that only they preach. How do you think each of the groups come into being and exist if they do not preach, or in other words, market themselves to others?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Elder FifthColumn's problem is that he can write thread posts, but he can't read replies (apparently against the rules), though he might sneak a peek when no one's looking.

I've been thinking of ways to improve the JW's administration at the KH level. It involves voice stress tests and polygraphs. What do you think??

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

there is no such thing as true religion...

Disagree.

www.truereligion.com

• garyneal
    garyneal

Each of us does well to ask himself, ‘Am I worshiping God in the way he has set out in the Bible?’ If we make sure, day by day, that the answer is yes, then we are on the right path.

No problem here, I asked that very question about five years ago when I was seriously considering becoming a Jehovah's Witness after studying with them for six years. But I did a little research of my own and found the following:

• Baptism to an organization with their two baptism questions that they ask all baptism candidates (after 1985). Compare Matthew 28:19.
    • Jesus is not your mediator if you belong to the great crowd of other sheep without the heavenly hope. Compare 1 Timothy 2:5 with what the WT says in their publication "Worldwide Security under the Prince of Peace" page 10.
    • According to the Watchtower's interpretation of the Greek scriptures, Jesus is A god in John 1:1 but THE God in John 20:28. Which one is He?
      http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/joh1.pdf
      http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/joh20.pdf

See my blog at http://garyneal.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/why-am-i-not-a-jehovahs-witness/ for a more detailed discourse on how I almost became a JW only to later reject the faith when I did a little research. The false dates alone, not to mention the fact that they once preached 1874 being the time of Christ's invisible return along with their 1919 teaching, should be enough for anyone to reject this religion as being the place to 'worship God the way He has set out in the Bible.'

• garyneal
    garyneal

Ooops, I see this is a ressurrected old thread. Oh well...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit