HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

by Fifth Column 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poppers
    poppers

Hi JamesThomas - good to see you here again.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

He's gone. You done run him off!

Since he's forbidden to read critical material, he can leave messages but he can't read the responses.

Either that or he's shunning us.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Thanks jgnat.

Didnt know that was a thing.

I was thinking architecturally. :)

so is fifth column really a fifth column....

• ninja_matty69
    ninja_matty69

@jwfacts

"The whole war argument is insane" not really as i said the mark of CHRISTIANITY is love for your neigbour.

Now you have listed a dozen or more other faiths that apparently refuse to go to war. Not sure that half these have been tested in the world wars or since but supposing they are the next test is how many of them preach christianity around the world.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

@ninja

I see you've slid by my assertion that direct love of neighbour is the evidence needed, that refusal of military service is second string as only a few members will have the opportunity to demonstrate it, and that Witnesses don't do it out of love anyways (it is done to demonstrate political neutrality).

Now, about preaching the message.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding [piece of] brass or a clashing cymbal. (1 Corinthians 13:1 NWT)

• steve2
    steve2

jgnat, you make a very good point. JWs are too prone to emphasiing what they don't do as evidence of having the true religion, whereas I'd be more impressed if they were able to demonstrate what they actually do that shows they have the true religion.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I have been thinking about the fact that JWs very rarely help the poor, needy, and sick.

Name one fund that has been set up to help the poor? Especially poor non-JWs.

Name a hospital that they have built/supported to help the sick in their communtiy?

Name a homeless shelter that they have built/supported in their community?

How do they feed the needy in their community?

Their refusal to do so is in direct contradiction to what the Bible says Christians should do to help.

Proverbs 19:7 - Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord , and he will repay him for his deed.

Matthew 5:32 - Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Luke 12:33 - Sell your possessions, and give to the needy

James 1:27 - Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Galatians 2:10 - Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

As a JW I remember hearing at a meeting while I was in Brooklyn that when we get a phone call asking for donations towards some sort of cause that we should tell them that we support people that need help by donating to the worldwide work of Jehovah's Witnesses. When asked who we would vote for we tell people that we cast our vote for Jehovah God as King.

Jehovah's Witnesses will always say that they DO help the needy JWs that need help. They do help with relief work for needy JWs. And sometimes WORLDLY people get caught in the middle during relief work, and they help them.

But this is not the point. The point is to help ALL those that are in need. If a catholic church only helped other catholics, then there would be no public hospitals. If a Lutheran church only helped other Lutherans, there wouldn't be food banks that help feed the hungry in the community.

If you want to claim to be a Christian, do what the apostles asked Paul to do at Galatians 2:10. Help the poor. That was the only instruction that they gave him. If you really care about people, invest in them. Where you spend your money...that tends to be where your heart is. I see the Watchtower mainly invest their money back into themselves. Billions of dollars spent in building ridiculously expensive assembly halls and bethel buildings...and $0 spent in putting it back into the community to help those that are in need.

Identity of a true religion? I think that is a misnomer. Jesus never said there would be a true organized religion. He always talked about individual people that loved Him. So it should be how to identify a follower of Jesus. In my opinion that would be: Helping others that are less fortunate whether they agree with your particular theology or not. Loving God for yourself, but giving of yourself to those that do not yet, or ever will love God. I guess it all comes down to love... Love of people whether they are Christians, Buddhist, Islamic, Wiccan, Atheist/Agnostic, or any other brand of faith/no faith that exists.

• jgnat
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What happened to the OP?!!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Where's the OP? Ha-ha...we've been stung. I imagine he'll drop by and leave another post...then he'll vanish.

Back in the 70s, JWs were known for fighting back. Now they hit and run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit