HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

by Fifth Column 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fifth Column
    Fifth Column

“ Now, how well does it do even there?”

Well, what religious group bases all its teachings on the Bible and makes known Jehovah’s name? What group practices godly love, exercises faith in Jesus, is no part of the world, and proclaims that God’s Kingdom is the only real hope for mankind?

“ This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth,” said Jesus Christ in his prophecy about “the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matthew 24:3, 14) Throughout the earth, the good news of the Kingdom - what the Kingdom is, what it will do, and how we can receive its blessings - is being preached in over 230 lands and in more than 400 languages. Millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses zealously preach the Kingdom good news. They come from “all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” (Revelation 7:9) The Witnesses conduct free home Bible studies with millions of people who want to know what the Bible really teaches - another impressive fulfillment of Bible prophecy!

So, of all the religious groups on earth, which one meets all these requirements? The facts clearly show that it is Jehovah’s Witnesses.

“They are also hypocrites, just like the Pharisees"

No, Jehovah's Witnesses are not hypocrites of any sort. Jehovah's Witnesses have no more "rules" than the Bible dictates, and follow two basic principles as outlined by Jesus: love of God and love of neighbor. That some people do not see the protective value of Biblical rules is their failing, not that of Jehovah's Witnesses. Everything the Bible commands us to do, or to refrain from doing, is for our benefit.

• Crisis of Conscience
  • I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Um, you do realize this is an EX-JW site, right? We've all this heard before, some of us all our lives before we extracted our minds from this nonsense. There are plenty of good reasons we don't believe anymore, so simply pasting from old Watchtower articles isn't anything we haven't heard before, and already considered at some point during our exit. Since you obviously can't think for yourself and won't listen to counter-arguments, why don't you at least come up with something original to sermonize on (oh wait, I forgot, you can't think for yourself).

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Dear Mr. 5th column,

Please explain to us why your here.

According to the Watchtower Society's interpretation of the scriptures, which you totally believe in, you are NOT supposed to be here. Your leaders have warned you about having intercourse with apostates (there are apostates on this forum) I presonally don't care if you want to be a member of an EX Jdub website, however I would like to know how YOU personally justify being a part of our apostate conversations. You do know that we are "mentally diseased" right?

You could catch something from us.

Just be warned

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Throughout the earth, the good news of the Kingdom - what the Kingdom is, what it will do, and how we can receive its blessings - is being preached in over 230 lands and in more than 400 languages.

(Friends, I know I'm trolling. Sorry.)

5th: I live in the USA. Not Bangladesh. So, good ratio of JWs to everyday Joe the Plumber here.

Go to any of my neighbors as ask what they know about JWs and their Kingdom message as to what the Kingdom IS and what the Kingdom WILL DO.....

Not a damn one of them will have any idea what you're talking about, because JWs are not preaching and teaching anything to anyone. Their message is NOT getting out. All those mags are filling up landfills or lighting fireplaces. All those hours by the pioneers and pubs wasted at McDonalds and Starbucks is NOT accomplishing anything.

All they will know is that JWs don't celebrate Christmas (many thinking that they don't believe in Christ), they refuse blood transfusion (and many will mistakenly think they refuse all medical care), and they piss them off on Saturday mornings when they have the chance to sleep in or do a project at home.

If Almighty God really chose JWs as his one and only representative on Earth, he made a miserable choice. So far, after 150 years, they have only managed to help save 0.1% of mankind. And the scriptures clearly tell us that the will of God is that all mankind should be saved and NONE be destroyed. Jehovah needs to get Donald Trump in there and inform JWs YOU'RE FIRED for such a crappy PR job. Of the 3 slaves entrusted with the Lord's goods (Talents), they are bearing NO significant return for Christ.

Now that you've contacted my worldly neighbors, go talk to 10% of the Pubs in your Cong at random. They won't be able to answer those questions either. That's right! JWs have no idea what they believe. Ask them to use ONLY the Bible and explain how JWs are God's Chosen People. I'll bet you well over 50% of the ELDERS cannot do it.

Wake up and smell the roses bullshit.

Doc

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Fifth Column,

The problem with the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is that it is not biblical. Every doctrine which is origional or unique to your religion is in fact extra-biblcal. As such it represents solely the speculations of men.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone is trying to beef up their time, hm?

• steve2
    steve2

Fifth Column disobeys the very source s/he argues is true by "associating" with labelled "apostates". S/he would know the Watchtower's view on this matter, yet continues in this act of conscience violation. Something not quite right about that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's cuz Fifth is special and wears Teflon. All the apostate coodies just slide off.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not object to the style of the thread - I welcome it , as a J W Discussion.

Consider.. It was not strictly Identifying true religion but Jesus' comments about true Christianity . Believers must choose their own religion.

In Matt 7 there is emphasis on character, producing "fine fruit". Jesus does not go into detail but we must think of Galations where Paul describes the "fruits of the spirit" Most have spent many years within that organization and, regretably, failed to find those characteristics really there, despite the fine words in the WT. I note also that Jesus noted in vs 15 to "Be on the watch for false prophets" Hmmm. 'nuff said.

Is the preaching of the Kingdom as done by J W's really the thing to identify them ?

1) The message is strongly laced with changing human reasoning, showing their imperfections.

2) The final commission of Jesus was not the kingdom preaching but to "Go and make disciples" , not quite the same thing.

So, I say that using Jesus' criteria, J W's fail the test of true Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit