HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

by Fifth Column 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Good list, but it's not quite complete. Let's fix it, shall we!

THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE TRUE GOD

• base their teachings on the Bible - as explained in the Watchtower publications
    • worship only Jehovah and make his name known - by standing in front of 7-11 holding up copies of the WT & Awake magazine and by knocking on the doors of empty houses. Except that roughly 1/3 of the countries on earth are NOT hearing Jehovah's name.
    • show genuine love for one another - unless of course you disagree with the elders, the F&DS, the GB or commit a "sin", then you'll be shunned by everyone that "loves" you so much
    • accept Jesus as God’s means of salvation - as long as you are one of JWs in good standing
    • are no part of the world - except that it's OK for the WTBTS to belong to the UN as a NGO
    • preach God’s Kingdom as man’s only hope - as long as you are one of JWs in good standing

There, now that's better!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

If Fifith Column, sticks around, he has some huge balls.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

People at different stages may choose one religion over another, for some is a question of tradition, for others is a spiritual need. Religions comfort and help people in different ways.

Religions or ideologies that are damaging for the person’s self-development are not only false, but very dangerous. Same with the ones that see others with hostility or contempt (more or less subtly) for the simple reason that they don’t belong to the group.

Trying to put all religions in the same basket is the sign of a totalitarian ideology.

• ninja_matty69
    ninja_matty69

5th column i have pm you

• perfect1
    perfect1

it doesnt even make sense to have a fifth column, they come in even numbers.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You start out by asking the wrong question. It's not about picking the right door to walk through.

Pick your Door

Pick the wrong door? Oops, you're dead.

You cannot use bible-based as the primary criteria, either. I've known abusive husbands to use bible verses to first, justify the abuse, and second, to compel the battered wife to remain. This is mis-use and abuse of bible interpretation.

Luckily, there are a few bible-based principles that we can use to determine if a Christian organization is truly reflecting God's will or not.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ [a] This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ [b] All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. (Matthew 22:36-40 NIV)

So there must be love - for God, for oneself, and for one's neighbours. Within and without.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23 NIV)

Here the verse likens love and other worthy qualities as fruit, and again they transcend any law. If a bible interpretation produces cruelty - evil fruit - the interpretation is faulty.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:5 KJV)

Jesus likens himself to the source of good fruit. Cut off, no fruit.

And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. Matthew 21:19

Fruitless, you are cut-off.

My conclusion, for the Watchtower policies that cause suffering, cruelty, and shunning, they have borne bad fruit and are not connected to the good source. They are not a worthy religion to join. There is no obligation for any-one to remain, in fear that to leave is to die. The organization is the lie.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

That's like asking how to identify which super-power will get me to work faster, Flash's running speed or Superman's flying speed.

• ninja_matty69
    ninja_matty69

@ Jgnat

Your conclusion is a non sequitur

• jgnat
    jgnat

I imagine to connect the dots, ninja, I would have to prove that there are WTS policies that are cruel and that shunning is unloving.

• ninja_matty69
    ninja_matty69

jgnat from my perspective - yes you would because i do not see the dots (from my perspective)

ask yourself if "love your neighbour" is the second highest command how many religions refuse military service. WTS + 1 or 2 others ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit