GRRRRRRRR! update for ya'll on my daughter.

by Aussie Oz 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you Aussie Oz for picking up your daughter's pieces. I'm so glad she's out of there, bless her. I hope you both find peace and happiness together despite all this from the JW ex.

Loz x

• baltar447
    baltar447

I second moshe's idea.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

He does sound like a right royal prick. I agree with moshe. I'd call the police. He has no legal right to not let her have her stuff. Give them a big wake up call that they are not above the law no matter what religion they belong to.

• Fernando
    Fernando

As Jesus said, by their fruits you will recognise them.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

i hope all goes well.

is i tpossible to get a lawyer or police involved? it is HER stuff after all. it's almost perverse he wouldn't let her get her own clothing.

fingers crossed for ya

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

My thoughts are with you and your daughter, Oz. I agree with others here. I don't know if you have a formal custody agreement, but you and your daughter have legal rights. She has the right to take her personal possessions if she chooses to live with the other parent. Talk to police, social services - at least see what they say. Particularly if they are preventing her from attending school, ie the uniform.

As difficult as things are - at least you now have her with you and you are able to better protect her from that insanity. The guy sounds like quite a loser, and clearly resents having to do anything for the kids. The "you owe me money because I helped you" is not even a JW thing, he's just on some other planet.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

respect for being a good dad. your daughter will remember you having her back. and you are right this behavior is not strange for a jw, in fact they are imitating their god's display of affection. what a messed up concept of "love".

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm so glad your daughter is escaping this home and has your home to go to. What a sad mother. This is her daughter, and she has chosen material things over a good relationship with the girl. This warns against a pathetic future in her old age. She will have won her petty little battle, and she is left holding someone else's underwear. What a proud mama!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

wow. Don't be angry, rejoice. This knob has clearly given your daughter the best witness ever and if I were you I would do somersaults every time he behaved in this way. I agree with others who have suggested calling the police, she is entitled to her own stuff.

Don't get angry, get even. It's way better for your blood pressure.

Peace

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Your daughter is lucky indeed to at least have one strong and loving parent... Good work!

Ps I'd consider getting Child Protective Services involved, as there is evidence of emotional abuse. Keep that option in mind....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit