I Could Really Use A Friend

by Hargitay 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

I have talked to my kids recently, and they haven't much care for their father at present. they feel I have abandoned Jehovah and they do not want to talk to me or see until I come back to Jehovah, but the catch is that they have been told there very little hope for an apostate, so they have given me up for dead. They are torn, and it is hard for me to deal with their pain and confusion, the poison they are being fed about me, and I wish I could convince them it is all a lie without messing up their heads anymore than they already are. I reassured them that I was not a bad apostate, but that their mother and the elders misunderstand me and are full of fear to hear something contrary to what they have been taught by the WTBTS. I am not sure whether they took any comfort in those words, but I am hoping I got in just a bit.

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

I did not come to this board for a handout, or for free anything. I came to this board for the support and encouragement it touted as its purpose.

again, I did not come to this board for a handout, or for free anything. I came to this board for the support and encouragement it touted as its purpose.

One very fine lady insisted I take some money to help me through a couple of days and I accepted gratefully.

Another regular poster on this board offered me a place to stay, my own room with TV and internet. They offered to send me money. They expressed concern and said that if I ever make it to their town, to let them know and I could stay with them. Without knowing it, I did make to their town, and did not realize it til after the fact as I read through past posts and pm's. I called and asked if i could stay but just for a day or two until I could make arrangement to get to my sisterinlaw's, to which they flat out refused me. They had formerly spoke of their religious convicitions and tithing, and blah-blahbidy-blah blah, devout Chrisitians no doubt, but when it came to keeping their word, acting on their Christian faith, they backpedaled, made excuses, and turned me away into the cold blackened night like sad, pathetic, hypocritical, weak-ass whatevers.

Thanks to those who offered the encouragement this board touted. Bravo. Thanks for not offereing false hope and empty promises. Thanks for being practicle and real.

To those who offered false hope, empty promises, and offers I did not ask for only to make excuses for not following through, shame on you. I never asked you for shit, and it must've made you feel good about yourself to make such generous offers right up until I said yes to one of them. Then you ignored me. Then you made excuses. Then you turned me down flat for no valid reason whatsoever. you did not learn the lessons the WTBTS should have taught you about how NOT to act in Jesus name. You suck, and again, shame on you. I did not ask you for what you offered me. I only took you up on your offer after the fact, then you showed your true self. Empty words. Empty hearts. Empty pretentious people. Justify it all you want, but you hurt me more this night than you can imagine.

• talesin
    talesin

Hargitay,

Call the St. Vincent de Paul Society in Dallas ... here's the info with phone number. They will help!

I am in Canada, so a bit far away to offer any personal assistance, but I know for a FACT that this an organization who cares about people. They will give you immediate assistance with food, and help you find shelter. They may even help you get a bus ticket or whatever to your SIL's location.

Good luck, and please let us know ... don't feel ashamed about your brother - when we know better, we do better. Your SIL sounds like a good woman, and will most likely be glad to have you in her life. All the best - you can do this!

Assistance Helpline (formerly Hope on Call)

Provides information and referrals for people in crisis — whether financial, medical or personal.
    Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
    Contact Maria Vega, Program Coordinator (bilingual)
    [email protected], 214-520-0650 ext. 114

tal

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

thanks, talespin. it is a bit late to take advantage of your suggestion. I just have to ride this night out at the Denny's where I have made friends with the waitress. My ID was stolen, so I cannot even get a bus ticket, which I have money for, but without ID, I am stuck. I cannot even get a motel, which I have money for . . . this so sucks, lol. But I am getting use to it. Denny's is cool. Coffee refills all night, a waitress with heavy makeup to cover her acne, to cause more acne, lol, and free wifi so I can read and post on this board, lol. the light of day will bring a solution. I can bare it. I just need someone to take my money, buy me a bus ticket with it, and I will be on my way to a fresh new start.

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

oh, and C and W, go hump yourselves lol you suck.

• talesin
    talesin

I hear you, and was hoping you were at a Starbucks or Denny's for the night. SVDP is open at 10 a.m., and really, they may be able to help you get that bus ticket. I'm sorry I am late to this thread, as I used to work with homeless folk, and was briefly homeless years ago myself, living out of my car for 6 weeks. I'm real happy to hear you are safe for the night. Thanks for replying to my post, I was concerned for you.

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

I appreciate you. Hopefully, in the morning I can find a way to get to my sil's place without any further frustration. once there, I will be OK.

• talesin
    talesin

Right on! :))

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Your situation is very sad. I can't offer any financial help. I'm in South Africa and don't have a job myself.

I know you said you walked out after seeing disappointment in your children's eyes, but they are still your kids. You are their father and not divorced from your wife. You can stay there and I'm not sure why you don't just go back home, where you at least have a bed and a warm meal and where you could from the safety of that environment look for work. That would be the best thing to do.

Once on your feet if you wanted to move then at least you'd be more stable to do so.

I don't know who would offer empty help on here, but I've been 'here' for many years and everyone has been very genuine. Anyway - may your situation change, just remember you do have the power to go home - it's making a decision and going with it.

All the best.

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

How do you remain in a home you built for people who do not want you there? How do you do that? Tell me, please, how do you force your will upon another human being and expect to reside in any kind of peace or without causing them to disregard you even more than they already do? So many say go back and assert your rights, but they have not yet answered those questions or offered any strategy for doing so without doing more damage to the children. Of course, I want to go home. Of course I want to put my foot down and assert MY rights. Easier said than done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit