"Suggested" Donation when attending Circuit Assembly

by BluesBrother 45 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

aT LEAST WITH A MOVIE YOU CAN TAKE IN SNACKS SWEETS AND TREATS. MAYBE YOU WILL LOVE THE FILM TOO.

BLECH...

HB

• Tooz
    Tooz

we all know that the word "bread" is symbolism for money ...

when we beg for money, we beg for "bread" are we not?

The Rock group RUSH says the meek will inherit the earth (Psalms 37:11?) ... If that is true, then Psalms 37:25 must also be true ... that the Righteous doesn't have to beg for bread.

one of those things that makes me say "....hmmmmmm"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    A donation of £3 per publisher per day should be budgeted for.
    If a family of two parents and two publishing children attend a two day Assembly, that is a donation of £24. (about $38 U S)...BB

$74.00 Admission Fee for a JW Family of 4..

To go to a 2 day WBT$ Assembly..

?..

No Food/No Rides/1 Paper Towel..

You can`t Leave the Building..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• rip van winkle
  • steve2
    steve2

Can you buy life membership donation discount-rate cards? This could be tricky because since the system is forever poised on the edge of an abyss the Watchtower Society could make a monetary killing or, as the decades pass (and continue to pass....) a life membership donation discount-rate card could be a boon to the rank and file.

E.g, (one brother to another in the year 2025):

Brother 1: "I purchased this life membership discount-rate card back in 2012 as a way to manage my limited salary and get the elders off my back. It went for a song because we were absolutely certain the end was imminent. Now I've got well over twelve years out of this special discount card and counting".

Brother 2: "I wished I'd have had the sense to take out one of those speical discount cards at the time. Now my wife and I have had to re-mortgage the house just so we can pay to attend the conventions. Never mind, though, brother, the latest I hear is the end's just around the corner. Thank Jehovah for that!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I truly see them eventually asking that families bring their own toilet paper and towels and take all their own trash from lunch out of the auditorium at the end of each day. These simple requirements will demonstrate our cooperation.

Maybe assembly halls will ask that members bring slippers to reduce carpet wear. Nah, even they wouldn't do that.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thanks for the chuckles...hahahahaha

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What frustrated me was the surplus of funds from each Circuit Assembly was automatically sent as a donation to the Society. This always made us start off with a deficit for the next convention. Then came the announcements...."Hello", "we have a deficit, you know. Keep standing up up until someone pays for it".

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Generally it is $5-$8 per publisher and akin to a movie ticket. ..." YKnot

Hee hee hee heeee!!

But you get your money's worth if you use that £3 to see "Batman" or "The Expendables 2"!!

This...

preacher

Versus this...

Batman

Eeeeasy choice!!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I seem to recall in our district that before the conventions and during the conventions, there was a suggestion made about how much we ought to donate per person per family for the food we took. I also know that there was a breakdown every month of what was owed for use of our own Kingdom Hall (mortgage, utilities, snow removal, etc) and there was usually a deficit because the other congregations never contributed much and we had to cover their asses as well. I do remember a few "resolutions" being cast that each publisher would pay $x at every meeting in order to cover costs for the month.

We still ended up with deficits. Makes me wonder if people were actually not donating or if someone was skimming off the top. All the "surplus" from the end of one month would supposedly get rolled over to the next, but we ALWAYS had a deficit at the beginning of the month somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit