ABOUT TERRY

by Quentin 284 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Glory be hearing you're movng around and eating and so good to hear. Sounds like you're in good hands w/family/friends, thank goodness.

Know what you mean about those MRI's. Friends told me they were no big deal and I was panicking and thought I needed therapy. We need to become comfortable w/these amazing tools of science, I guess. You were on serious meds and those probably caused you to be rattled a tad.

Here's to a happier, healthier, weekend dear Terry.

Hugs,

LV101

• LV101
    LV101

poppers --- good advice and I'll try to remember next time (copying your info). I wasn't concerned at all until I panicked and know people who run in for those MRIs everytime they have a boo boo --- ankle sprain, heel problem, hip, etc., etc.

Thanks.

LV

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

They gave me a pair of headphones to listen to music while in a closed MRI, with my choice of music (well, two choices: classical or Beatles. I went with Beatles). I thought of it as an opportunity to meditate, and go into a trance-like state of relaxation (which I did), and the time passed quickly.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Seriously Terry...the first food you ate was prunes? LOL

Very glad to hear you are a little better.

• eva luna
    eva luna

I didnt know I was so closterphobic until I freaked out during one.

It was made for an other day, and I was given headphones and a Valium.

Terry, I'm happy to hear you are feeling better.

• Open mind
    Open mind

*hand squeeze*

Hang in there Terry.

om

• Terry
    Terry

I AM OUTTA HERE!

Being released from hospital this morning after 7 long days. Wow.

The Doctors took me off IV's yesterday and switched to dry pills (antibiotics).
    Since the inflammation didn't spring back up over night they are going to be able to send me home today.

HOOOORAAAAAY

I'm am so done with hospitals!
    Lying in bed all day? No thank you. I'll bicycle instead.

Now I have to get my strength back and get my culprit teeth taken care of by an oral surgeon and I'm well on my
    way to normality.

Who would have thought I'd spend the entire week that way?

Lessons learned:
    1.Don't over do.....anything
    2.Watch how hot you get and how hydrated you are at all times.
    3.Don't allow your basic defensive systems get over taxed or you are vulnerable to bacterial infection.
    4.Cracked teeth are invitations to inflammation
    5.Once you have an inflammation it can be like a grass fire. There is NO END in sight.
    6.Stopping an infection--even with antibiotics--is NOT easy. It takes a long long time.
    7.Learn to value the simple things like swallowing, mobility and basic health.
    8.Friends and Family are the only reason to be alive and walking around on planet Earth.

THANK YOU, ALL!

Honestly, I now understand how important a community solidarity is to the mental well-being of humanity in a way I did not understand before.

Your generous positive messages actually lifted me up. (Uh-oh, I can hear Bette Midler singing......)

Sincerly from my heart, I love you all.

Freedom!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good for you Terry, glad to hear your on the road to recovery

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Terry,

Glad everythings gettin' better, I had a closed MRI

they had to give me a mild sedative. if it wasn't for the

cool airflow sedative or not , I would have freaked

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Terry"There Is No Place Like Home". Now get back to writing Lol. I'm 10 weeks out from open heart surgey at the age of 67 and am doing well. Tomorrow I go back to work. looking forward to reading your future topics again. Take good care of yourself my friend.

Blueblades/Mall Cop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit