Feel the Goddamned Love

by AK - Jeff 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was going to post just a "Hello" to Mrs. AK-Jeff here, but that was too cold for a good friend.

• snakeface
    snakeface

And they didn't even express any condolences to either of you for the passing of your MIL.

They are mindless robots doing the will of the GB.

• Piglet
    Piglet

No wonder you were seething AK!!

My wife and I had close friends that we helped out, used to go on holidays with and had round for dinner nearly every week. Once word got out that I was "doubting, rebelling etc", that was the end of that. My wife still considers herself a JW but rarely gets to meetings due to bad health. She has been contacted a few times in the year or so since I left but only one email from these friends which was a couple of weeks ago!! Its hurting my wife how nearly everyone is ignoring her, but hopefully she will see the org for what it really is. I feel sorry for our "friends", not angry. They are totally misled and really think they are acting in the right way. After all, I have done it to others in the past too!! They also have two daughters out of the WT that they dont see. SO SAD!!

On the couple of occasions when JWs have been round to try to see my wife, and she has been ill in bed, its been strangely satisfiying seeing the uncomfortable shuffling as they have to talk to me instead. (I feel a bit mean saying that but its true)

Totally agree with Blinders!

• cult classic
    cult classic

So, it would be a privilege to live with these losers forever in paradise on earth?

Don't think so.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, he did not want to become a sharer in your sins

w88 4/15 p. 27 pars. 8-9 Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit ***

8 In the apostle John’s writings, we find similar counsel that emphasizes how thoroughly Christians are to avoid such ones: “Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God . . . If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting [Greek, khai′ro] to him is a sharer in his wicked works.”—2 John 9-11.

9 Why is such a firm stand appropriate even today? Well, reflect on the severe cutting off mandated in God’s Law to Israel. In various serious matters, willful violators were executed. (Leviticus 20:10; Numbers 15:30, 31) When that happened, others, even relatives, could no longer speak with the dead lawbreaker. (Leviticus 19:1-4; Deuteronomy 13:1-5; 17:1-7) Though loyal Israelites back then were normal humans with emotions like ours, they knew that God is just and loving and that his Law protected their moral and spiritual cleanness. So they could accept that his arrangement to cut off wrongdoers was fundamentally a good and right thing.—

Of course one does not have to deny Jesus Christ (even if it were meant that way) one just has to criticize the WTS.....Perhaps he thought that the touch of "discipline" would make you want to return to the congregation?

(Any chance? No, I thought not)

• moshe
    moshe

It's too bad your last name isn't Corleone- the Godfather could educate those JWs about their lack of good etiquette.They wouldn't disrespect you again--

• moshe
    moshe

Moshe never let JWs disrepect him in public- a few times they tried to snub his, hello, or his smile in a public place, like a store or restaurant- I immediately let them suffer the consequences -- I would announce in a loud voice for all to hear- that so-and-so are JWs at the Mockingbird Lane KH and they helped break up my marriage, hid my children from me so I couldn't take them to a Baptist church, all because I disagreed with their teachings, etc-- and they will destroy your family, too, if you listen to their lies-- , etc-

Local JWs quickly learned they had only two options when they met me in public- return my greeting in a civil manner ( I left them alone) or walk the other way- leave their grocery cart in the store or pay up and leave the restaurant immediately upon seeing me. Public shame is not something they personally want to suffer-- One sister even tried to hide in the frozen food cooler- head first- hoping I would pass her by- didn't work. She left a 1/2 full cart of groceries and ran out of the store as soon as I said, "hello, Susan"- and she ran pretty fast, too-

• moshe
    moshe

Ironically, my ex-wife who divorced me with their support and a letter from Bethel saying she could do it (1989)-- She suffered the backlash from the KH- Like she could control me! They started giving her the cold shoulder, because I wouldn't play by their rules and I was making a fool of them in public. I heard many were too scared to shop locally- and so they drove to stores far away from my city to avoid running into me.

-- she found out too late, she should have stayed married-- she stopped going to the meetings all on her own a few years later- and no-ooo JW elders came calling to get her to return to the meetings.

• gymbob
    gymbob

You're a better man than me Jeff. My parents did the same to me a few years ago in a restaurant. The moment they saw me, they got up and walked out ignoring my "hello mom/dad....hello?" THEN they start being all sweet and friendly to my wife (they had never met her) invite her to the meetings and started sending her literature! Man....was I pissed. Oh yeah, I want to go back to THAT religion!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Been there Jeff , Except in my case the old 'friends' will greet my husband and completely ignore me . Going into a restrurant one of our former best friends of 30 yrs was holding the door open as we entered he literally looked over my head as if I was not even there and greeted my husband .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit