Feel the Goddamned Love

by AK - Jeff 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• LV101
    LV101

What a bunch of losers but we already know that. Just have empathy for them and it will help w/the anger/hurt, whatever. You're the good one here so that's all that matters. They're just a bunch of followers of goons.

The empathy illustration in the Feeling Good book (an oldie but goodie by one of the world's leading psychiatrists) is the greatest --- has never failed me.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Just tell him at work how bad his meat sucks.

zed

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So did you have to keep unloading the van while the lazy-asses stood around flirting with your wife?

• finally awake
    finally awake

Crazy isn't it? Just Ron and I went out to dinner last night with the kids, and we were seated right next to an elder and his wife. They were with another couple, but I couldn't see who it was. I honestly didn't notice who was at that table until after we were seated and happily munching on chips and salsa. Just Ron had his back to them, but I was easily seen. I turned away to get my 5 year old to settle down, and in that short time span, they got up and left. No "hi, how are you" or any sort of acknowledgment at all.

• zeb
    zeb

their loss not yours.

Its funny that you were doing the hauling of MIL effects not the bros ?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I must admit that my restraint in this matter was a direct result of my wife's presence, and she is still reeling from the loss of her mother. Confrontation was the last thing she needed, so I just pursed my lips and left.

If she had not been there, they would have said nothing of course. I just find it so amazing that these people judge based on 'status' with a publishing company. If I had been a serial killer who 'studied' and accepted their version of truth, I would have been greeted as a 'brother'.

It is so sad. Almost too sad to make one really mad at the poor deluded assholes.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You showed great restraint. I remember reminding a few DA'ed/DF'ed people that only the JW's feel a need to follow the shunning code and the former JW's are free to say what they want including "Kiss my ass" and other similar sayings.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"WHO yells a greeting to a man's wife and ignores the husband as if he is not there?"

Those who are under the mind control of a cult that tells them that it is GOD'S WILL that they do so

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes Jerry, but 'kiss my ass' was waaaay down on the list of returns I had in mind.

Jeff

• transhuman68

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit