The Truth About Bible Principles: Chastity and Abstinence

by sabastious 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

this seems to suggest that in some religions chastity and abstinence is expected of the "priesthood"

OK. But that doesn't mean that abstinence or celibacy are particular to Christianity.

• mP
    mP

Entirely:

this seems to suggest that in some religions chastity and abstinence is expected of the "priesthood"

OK. But that doesn't mean that abstinence or celibacy are particular to Christianity.

mP:

Xianity is anything but original. Everything in it is a copy of some other religion or thinking.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2190863/Semen-good-womens-health-helps-fight-depression.html

Oral sex is good for women's health and makes you feel happier, according to a study which studied the effects of semen's 'mood-altering chemicals'.

The State University of New York study - which scientists carried out via survey rather than through practical experiment - compared the sex lives of 293 females to their mental health.

It follows research which shows that seminal fluid contains chemicals that elevates mood, increases affection, induces sleep and also contains at least three anti-depressants.

The researchers also claim that women who have regular unprotected sex are less depressed and perform better on cognitive tests.

Semen contains another of chemicals along with spermatozoa, including cortisol, which is known to increase affection, estrone, which elevates mood and oxytocin, which also elevates mood.

It also contains thyrotropin-releasing hormone (another antidepressant), melatonin (a sleep-inducing agent), and even serotonin (perhaps the best-known antidepressant neurotransmitter).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2190863/Semen-good-womens-health-helps-fight-depression.html#ixzz24HLG6IU2

• still thinking
  • still thinking
    still thinking

More oxytocin may make you feel more spiritual....so sex should be encouraged if you want to feel gods presence....and it may make you more moral..LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAdlU2ETjU

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This is why I love science.

I'm not just a talker, I am a man of action. As such, and in the spirit of promoting good mental health, I offer my penis, free of charge, to any of the ladies that need it. For medicinal purposes only, of course.

• mP
    mP

Why is why all ancient religions, jewish ones included had sacred prostitutes, it was a good money spinner. Men and women went to the temple for a good time.

• EntirelyPossible
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Western Civilzation affords the people within it to be ethnocentric because it provided freedom in a world where none existed

Only for the closed minded ethnocentric types. And as far as that freedom---yeah----thanks 'western civilization' for turning an entire continent into a slave producer, subjugating women, killing millions of Jews, wiping whole populations off a newly discovered contintent, world wars, colonization--------thanks for the freedom! Your way was so much better than any native peoples' way.

ASTOUNDING!

Let's get back to the temple prostitutes! They had Male Temple Prostitutes, you know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Y'all seem to be enjoying this thread. Great. I hope by not reading from beginning to finish that I am not missing the point, but I must comment on the baloney of chastity and abstinence being Bible priniciples. As already mentioned, Christianity is not original but copies other established beliefs.

It's a man's world. Even in the Bible, as mentioned, it has seemed okay for men to gain experience via prostitutes but not okay for women to be prostititutes. Women were property and virgin young women were more in line with what men wanted as property. It's like comparing the new car with 0.2 miles on it (enough to get it off the truck onto the lot) to the used car with 50,000 miles on it.

There is something special about waiting until there is a strong bond between a young man and a woman before they have sex. There is something of that double standard remaining within all people (not just Christians) that a young lady should remain "pure" until she meets her wedding night, but that a man should gain experience.

If that's what you want, great. Don't act like it's only Christian. And don't act like Christians in judging those that choose a different way of living than by living by standards that you want to live by. The vast majority of young people will not wind up having sex with only their marriage mate during (and not before) their actual marriage. Adults can choose their own path.

Personally, I never enjoyed sex with virgins. I don't know what the big deal was. Only experienced women seem able to accomodate me.

(...and y'all thought I was being serious.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit