The Truth About Bible Principles: Chastity and Abstinence

by sabastious 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Chasteness is purity. Sex can be pure. Abstinence doesn’t guarantee chasteness. Hypocrisy even less so.

The OT has two standards for men and women, Jesus treated both equally. The WT took the story of the woman that was going to be stoned out of the Bible. Very telling as to how they view things.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sex does not make one pure nor impure. I'm actually not even sure what 'pure' means when it comes to humans. We are pretty messy beings. Very few pure motives or pure opinions to be found. We are all hypocrits to some degree--including me. For instance, I think it is wrong to hold a person's religion against them, but find myself getting itchy at the thought of a cult member winning the presidency. So I'm certainly not pure.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Whatever works for you nc. Same as with western society being more evolved than others, and you finding that thought repulsive, whatever works for you.

There are plenty of other very interesting cultures in the world with a lot to offer in terms of personal freedom and progress. Maybe you should consider a move.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL--I should consider a move? I'd prefer everyone who does not agree with me do that moving.

So would you like to tell us which posters you deem "pure" and which ones you deem "impure". Because such a designation goes beyond descriptive---in goes into judgement. You can say a person is abstinent, or even chaste, without bringing in judgement because it is descriptive of their behavior. When you start calling people PURE, then you are also calling people IMPURE---which is a judgement of their core character. Like soap.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    No argument needed, cuz you don't deny it.

I did, and still do, deny your accusation of ethnocentricity by explaining that Western Society is not an ethnicity, but a melting pot of many ethnicities. I then explained that Western Society's standards of freedom and religion and speech provides itself as suitable means for humanity to transition into a "type 1" species which means subduing the entire earth (controlling weather, volcanos, earthquakes etc). "My culture", as you put it, according to Dr Kaku is very special in that it's on the cusp of an evolution that will unite all of humanity into a single entity while retaining cultural diversity. A true ethnocentric does not care for cultural diversity. Simply put I am against any society that does not uphold the laws of freedom of religion and speech. I also know that freedom cannot be imposed upon a society it has to develop naturally.

-Sab

<<<< This is why I love science. I'm not just a talker, I am a man of action. As such, and in the spirit of promoting good mental health, I offer my penis, free of charge, to any of the ladies that need it. For medicinal purposes only, of course. -- entirely possible>>>>

Offering your blue-veined hooligan to "any of the ladies that need it" might lead to unintended consequences:

I suggest you modify your offer with appropriate restrictive language!

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Chastity and abstinence is a personal choice based off religoius criteria. If someone chooses to remain celebate their entire lives then they deserve the proper reverence for that accomplishment, as it is an accomplishment worthy of merrit...sab

Why is it an accomplishment?

What did it accomplish? How did that benefit anyone?

It certainly isn't worthy of merit. It is pointless. Maybe it makes the adherants feel superior in some way. But it's all in their head.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Nc, I find you too dumb to even begin to explain the meaning of pure to you, sorry.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    but with the right strategy coupled with modern technology one can successfully achieve a morally acceptable position before God...sab

I am not sure how you can state this...how do you know what god finds morally acceptable?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I am a former promiscuous, cronic drug abusing binge drinker who was sexually abused for many years as a child into the preteens by a non-religious married man. any other questions?...myelaine.

((((((((((myelaine))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit