ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

by You Know 90 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

Well Bobby Boy,

You certainly generate a lot of comments from your threads, but as usual you contribute absolutely nothing for either side: dubs or ex-dubs. What an enviable position you've placed yourself in. You have NO position with regards to dub issues! You are neither FOR the WTS or FOR those those disagree with the WTS. You are FOR "Jehovah" (as you see "Jehovah".) You can post away with impunity! I admire you Robert. You have come up with (in this little world, anyway) the biggest scam of all to generate a lot of attention and sometimes reasoned rebuttals to your nonsense! I know in my heart-of-hearts that you are sitting back and laughing at people making fools of themselves trying to "reason" with you! What a great game for you!

However, comma, here is a piece of shit retort from you that I could not resist replying to, and it is a good example of how stupid and slippery your argumentation really is:

Someone said this:

: How can a God of LOVE possibly kill billions of his own children?

And you replied:

:You are forgetting that God has disowned most humans.

Notice the nice straw man folks? The assertion was about a God and love and Bobby avoided the "love" part and came back with "God has disowned most humans."

Now, a reasonable person would ask, "HOW could a God of LOVE disown MOST persons?" But Bobby is not a reasonable person. He's a performer and serious discussion means nothing to him.

Bobby, old boy. I love you dearly, but I hate to have to inform you of your worst nightmare: You've become JUST LIKE Bibleman/larsguy, et.al. The facts and rational discussion mean NOTHING to you anymore. The attention you garner from your hyperbole means everything to you.

May you come to your senses or forever be more and more a characature of the character you've created in your own fertile mind.

BTW, anyone who's known you as long as I've known you knows that you don't believe a WORD of the shit you post. You're way to smart to believe your own bullshit, Bobby old Boy.

And for that trick, I tip my hat to you, sir!

Farkel

• wasasister
    wasasister

You Know: I’m confused by your position regarding which being/entity/group-of-humans will be the prime instigator of a nuclear conflict. Your statements appear, on the surface, to be contradictory. Since you and I have a history of disagreement, you may think my question is insincere, or a ploy to argue with you, but I assure you this is not the case. In fact I do not read or post here any longer, and was only directed here by an interested party who declines to post personally.

What I got from your posts was:

1. Jesus initiates the conflict:

Let's face it: You apostates are cluless as regards how Jesus is going to initiate his arrival and commence the tribulation. Jesus is coming as a thief in the night, and a nuclear event could certainly serve as the stealthy means by which Jesus suddenly robs the world of its imagined security, and also it could serve to announce his arrival for judgment and to his loyal ones.
    (italics mine)

2. Jehovah merely steps in after the Devil pulls the trigger:

Why do apostates insist on blaming Jehovah for your own stupidity?Your god the Devil is the one who is going to pull the trigger.
    3. God is directly responsible for obliterating wicked humans, by whatever means:
    You are contradicting the very Scripture you cited. After all, God did obliterate the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, without so much as a warning, because he judged them to be incorrigably wicked, even as the people of the region also judged them to be.
    4. Mankind goes on a genocidal rampage, Jehovah allows it:
    Since nearly every apostate parrots the same thing, can someone please explain to me how it is Jehovah doing if he allows men go on a genocidal rampage?
    Thank you for your clarification.
    Wasa
  • 2SYN
    2SYN

I've known for a long time that YouKnow isn't really a dyed-in-the-wool Dub here to defend his 'faith'...but it's still really fun to give him a quick dressing down now and again.

Let's all just think of him as someone we can sharpen our claws on for when we confront the real bad boys.

But like I've said earlier on in this thread, I respect him for the enormous intelligence that goes into his posts. He never fails to completely stump me with infinitive arguments that cannot be beaten by my logic, and/or completely avoid the issue.

As such, he truly lives up the the ideal of the Dub Elder. Straw man!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• You Know
    You Know

WASASISTER writes:

You Know: I’m confused by your position regarding which being/entity/group-of-humans will be the prime instigator of a nuclear conflict. Your statements appear, on the surface, to be contradictory.

This is what is known as a paradox. Something can appear to be condradictory but nonetheless be true. > http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=paradox

The question is how can Jesus initiate the conflict and at the same time we can blame the Devil as the one pulling the trigger? Also, how is it that a genocidal rampage fulfills Jehovah's judgments?

First, how is it that Jesus initiates the concluding conflict if the Devil is going to be doing the killing? To understand how this is so we have to take a peek into the invisible realm, and we can do this by means of Jehovah's word. Take the 12th chapter of Revelation: At the point when Jesus is given the kingdom what occurs?

The Scriptures says that a war breaks out in heaven. And, that subsequent to that, the demons are hurled down to the earth where they go on a rampage. Which, by the way, I reserve in my mind the definite possibility that that foretold war in heaven has not taken place yet, or perhaps has taken place quite recently with the events of 9-11. At any rate, science recognizes the principle that for every action there is a reaction. So, while the demons are the ones that bring trouble upon the earth, they are merely reacting in a predictable way to the action that Christ initiates as the newly crowned king of the universe.

As the present rulers of this system of things the demons are quite content with the status quo. They really don't want to destroy their own world. After all, it is their world; their system of things. But, when faced with their own incarceration the demons are not simply going to walk off quietly into the abyss. No, and that's the problem the world is facing. The gods of this world are facing their own judgment. Jehovah, in fact, says in Jeremiah, I believe, something to the effect that 'the gods that did not create the heavens and the earth are the very ones who are going to perish from under his heavens and from off his earth.' So, the death of the little 'g' gods is a fairly big deal in terms of universal history. As a matter of fact, it has never occurred before. Jehovah has never executed spirit creatures before. That is a heavy, heavy, profound, reality with enormous implications.

The situation is similar to criminals who are cornered by the police and in desperation are forced to take hostages. The threat is that if the police make a move against them that the hostage gets whacked. In effect, the demons have taken the world hostage. They have seen to it in the last century that humans developed the technology to blow themselves to bits and ruin the entire planet. That's no small feat to accomplish taking civilization from the horse and buggy era to the nuclear age in less than 100 years. At any rate, the world is rigged to blow, and the implied threat from the Devil to Christ is: "You make a move on me and the world gets it!" So, Christ indeed is going to make his move to take Satan out, and the Devil is definitely going to pull the trigger, and the world, Jehovah's people included, is going to get caught in a hellacious crossfire. So, Christ initiates the action, but the Devil's reaction is actually what is going to bring the world to its knees.

It is then that Jehovah uses the wrath of the demonic element against the earthly system that the demons preside over. So, it can be said to be the judgment of Jehovah because the world has loved the Devil's rule and God allows them the full penalty for putting up with the demons.

As an aside: It should be noted that the 7-headed dragon in heaven represents the demonic principalities and exactly corresponds to the earthly 7-headed political apparatus. Which means that the Anglo-American 7th head is the primary institution that the demons are using to rule the world, along with numerous other political, religious, and financial institutions. But, we can say with certainty that the Anglo-American is the principal institution. That's why it is an extremely ominous development that the United States has revised it's first strike policy of nuclear war and has gone so far as to publicly announce its prospective hit list. Back during the Cold War such intimidation would have amounted to an outright declaration of war. So, it is without question a major development in the world that many thinking people are very uneasy with. And, seeing that the Anglo-American dual world power is the last empire, not counting the 8th king, what is taking place presently on the world scene could well be a reflection of what is taking place in the spirit realm as the nations posture and jostle and line up for all out nuclear war. In other words, the demons may be goading the nations into their final conflict because; unseen to human eyes, Christ and his army of angels may be maneuvering into position to on the offensive against the demons. We should know soon enough. / You Know

• logical
    logical

Brother You Know,

Why is it you continue to ridicule those asking for guidance and judging those who need help?

Why do you have to give a serpent to those who ask for a jewel?

May you come to realise the LOVE of Christ and all that which goes with it, namely peace, mercy, forgiveness, release.

One more thing, do you believe either we are in the time of the end; the end is very near; or both; or neither?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I always thought of this as a LONG time until I read AlanF's reply.
    Seeing the dates all bunched up like that was kinda creepy.
    Thats like a min.

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

You Know

Do you honestly think the world has been "put on notice" by the pages of the inconsequential, meaningless, skinny little yellow rag, known as The Watchtower. Come on man. It's time for you to get real. Nobody gives two dumps about what the puney Watchtower says.And just like it's companions name......Awake up Goober!

"I wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger,,,"

• You Know
    You Know
    Nobody gives two dumps about what the puney Watchtower says.

That's the point. The world has no interest in learning about God's kingdom. But, for the relatively few individuals that do want to know what God's will and purpose is for them, Jehovah has the means to instruct them. But, you are absolutely right that most people have no interest. That's why Jehovah is going to abandon them to destruction. By the way, I am on the verge of exceeding my 25 post limit, in fact, I am not sure if this post will go through. So if I don't respond any more don't jump to ridiculous conclusions about my having been silenced. LOL / You Know

• AlanF
    AlanF

:: Nobody gives two dumps about what the puney Watchtower says.

: That's the point. The world has no interest in learning about God's kingdom.

LOL! Jehovah's Witnesses know nothing more about "God's kingdom" than they do about geophysics or any other science. Their spiritual forebears predicted that "God's kingdom" was going to do all sorts of amazing things when 1914 rolled around. Absolutely nothing happened according to plan. When the "Great War" came along unexpectedly, and unexpectedly ended in peace rather than the Battle of Armageddon, they did what every cult does -- they redesigned their old and new doctrines to fool themselves into thinking they were right all along. WWI saved their asses from disappearing, but only because Rutherford and company were smart enough to figure a way out of their mess. What did they do? They gradually spiritualized everything and said it had all come to pass -- but invisibly. By the early 1930s the process was complete.

An interesting comment on this transformation was made by Carl Sagan in his book Broca's Brain (New York: Ballantine Books, 1979, pp. 332-333):

Doctrines that make no predictions are less compelling than those which make correct predictions; they are in turn more successful than doctrines that make false predictions.

But not always. One prominent American religion confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and - while the events of that year were certainly of some importance - the world does not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended. There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, "Oh, did we say `1914'? So sorry, we meant `2014.' A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way." But they did not. They could have said, "Well, the world would have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God so He spared the Earth." But they did not. Instead, they did something much more ingenious.

They announced that the world had in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout. It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry.

Does anyone who reads You Know's rantings have any doubt that this lunatic is "remarkably resistant to rational inquiry"? Does anyone who understands what the Watchtower Society did after their "generation of 1914" doctrine failed by 1995 fail to understand the lack of rationality in the 'true believer"?

Look at the JW 1914 doctrine. Many people have completely disproved that this date has any significance whatsoever. The Bible itself disproves the JW doctrine, and it is completely supported by secular history. But because JW leaders -- those self-styled "brothers of Christ" who claim to have the mind of God and who hope to go to heaven Real Soon Now -- hold to their traditional nonsense, their blinded followers do so too. They're experts at redesigning failed doctrines like what would happen in 1914 and what would happen to the "generation of 1914". I suppose anyone stupid enough to keep following such nincompoops deserves what he gets.

The biggest intellectual problem for JWs like You Know is that they can't give any evidence whatsoever that their leaders comprise some special body of "Christ's brothers" who are so much better than every other Christian that God appointed them to a position of spiritual authority over anyone at all. These lunatics simply decided to lord it over anyone who was stupid enough to follow them after 1918, and so today they shun anyone who questions their lunatic claims. This most fundamental of JW teachings is entirely built on smoke and mirrors. JWs like You Know know this very well, and so they absolutely avoid trying to argue their case. They simply make their claim, and hope that they can attract a few more people who are so amazingly stupid that they'll buy into the nonsense and never think to question it.

AlanF

• avengers
    avengers

Oh my God Armageddon is coming! I have to find my old suits put them on, polish my shoes comb my hair, grab my service-bag and run from door to door, go to the meetings, study the Watchtower read the Awake and pray to Jehovah: "Please don't destroy me". I am so glad to be back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit