ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

by You Know 90 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 2SYN
    2SYN

On the verge of hysterics? I ask you a question and you say I'm on the verge of hysterics...puh-leeze...this is a calm, logical discussion. In fact, I commend you for not retreating behind your apostate radar screen and actually having the balls to come out and chat with me like this. It's not a very common experience for me!

So tell me about the way you treat women with deep respect. Do you force them to stick a dishcloth on their heads if they have to say a prayer in the presence of a young boy? Do you call DFing a woman for not crying out during a rape when she had a gun to her head respect?

If this is the kind of respect your religion teaches you, I think you need to do some serious thinking about the meaning of the term 'respect.

Dictionary.com:
    re·spect Pronunciation Key (r-spkt)
    tr.v. re·spect·ed, re·spect·ing, re·spects
    To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
    To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
    To relate or refer to; concern.

n.
    A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard.
    The state of being regarded with honor or esteem.
    Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
    respects Polite expressions of consideration or deference: pay one's respects.

The way I see it (which you don't seem to care about) is that the WTBTS treats women HORRIBLY. They are basically forced into being lower-class people. They have to show submission to the men in the Congregation. They have to wear dishcloths over their head to show their submission to a bunch of ludicrous principles engineered by the GB.

And they are not allowed to question this.

You question what the Society teaches, and you are out. You don't question what the Society teaches and your child dies due to a lack of a vital medical operation, and they change their policy (which would have saved your child's life if it had been done sooner) and you question that, and you're out. Lovely. Does the word dictatorship ring a bell here, anyone? Big Brother is watching you!

That is the worst part of the whole mess.

I've posted a giant rant about this before elsewhere, when someone said something similiar to what you said. I won't insult you by repeating it here, I respect the fact that you are quite intelligent enough to go and find it yourself.

YouKnow, women are not our slaves. They are not our servants. They are our partners, and they should be treated not as equals, but as complements, for a man is not a woman's equal, nor is a woman the equal of a man.

Prove me wrong here. Come on. Take your best shot.

And, of course, without referring to your Holy Book.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• You Know
    You Know
    On the verge of hysterics? I ask you a question and you say I'm on the verge of hysterics...

Yes, You are making wild accusations and broad sweeping generalizations and assumptions.

So tell me about the way you treat women with deep respect. Do you force them to stick a dishcloth on their heads if they have to say a prayer in the presence of a young boy? Do you call DFing a woman for not crying out during a rape when she had a gun to her head respect?
    Those are stupid questions. I am not going to dignify them with a response. / You Know
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Oh by all means You Know, dignify them with your omnipotent wisdom.

The reality of the matter is WT Doctrine has wavered so many times that if a woman screams she IS then ISNT, IS then ISNT guilty. Would you like the WT articles, month and year?

Regarding a woman saying prayer, when was the last time you saw a pioneer sister conducting closing prayer after a meeting?

You dont respond because you cant. You blindly follow WT doctrine and when your faults are blatantly exposed, you run. You make statements that "you wont dignify them with your response" when in truth you try to pass the buck.

Your a joke. Youve always been a joke. I at least know while at work I can get a real good laugh when I check these boards if I see that youve posted something.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• You Know
    You Know

Rebored2002:

You dont respond because you cant.
    LOL, yeah, right! I have finally been stumped!

You blindly follow WT doctrine and when your faults are blatantly exposed, you run.
    You are raving too. I didn't discuss the matter because he said he didn't want to hear the Scriptures. So what is there to discuss? The Scriptures assign women to a position under man's headship in the congregation. That's not a Watchtower invention. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing to discuss. You can get all frothy about it, but that's just the way it is.

Your a joke. Youve always been a joke. I at least know while at work I can get a real good laugh when I check these boards if I see that youve posted something.
    Meanwhile, back in the real world, as the apostate’s maniacal laughter reverberates into the background:
    > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2002/03/09/MN124394.DTL

/ You Know

• You Know
    You Know

JOELBEAR asks:

Are Jehovah's Witnesses the only group who has prepared their faith well enough to withstand the oncoming onslaught?

Yes, I believe so. In fact the tribulation is intended to be of such severity so as to serve as the means to seperate the contenders from the pretenders. Interestingly, as an indication of how severe a test it will be, Christ specifically warned beforehand that the false messiahs would be empowered to perform such convincing signs that it could even deceive the chosen ones if that were possible. So I expect all kinds of mischief during the dark night now looming.

They are certainly not the only group expecting the end and praying for the end to come.
    That's right. In recent years all kinds of groups have jumped on the Armageddon band wagon. No doubt that will certainly be a factor in producing the foretold false christs during the tribulation period.

Isn't faith in God the key, not adherence to a printing corporation?
    Absolutely. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society will have by then served its purpose of preparing a people to stand before the Son of man when he arrives, but will probably not be of any value once things really start popping. That's when the training wheels come off and we either fall or fly. / You Know
  • 2SYN
    2SYN

Sigh...it's impossible to argue with you, YouKnow, because the moment I ask you something you go back to your trusty old Bible.

So you believe in all of the Bible, right?

Every last little bit?

Then why don't you start applying some of it's vaunted 'principles'? Like there having to be 2 witnesses to an act of child molestation? You and I both know that this is wrong. There is no way you can say that it is the correct thing to ignore child molestation just because of some silly law in the Old Testament.

The rape issue is another. If a woman is raped, do you think she enjoys it? Which bit of the whole rape do you think she enjoys the most, physically being raped and then being mentally raped by the Elders during her judicial hearing? What if she didn't have a choice during the rape? A knife at her throat or a gun to her head?

And I want you to answer EVERY question I pose above. No side-stepping, Mister!

It seems that the ideas of freedom in the Bible and in reality are quite different. YouKnow, how would you feel if the Bible had been written by women? Would you enjoy wearing a dishcloth on your head? I think it's no coincidence that God is 'a man of war' in the Bible - of course he would be man, because the Bible was written by MEN. This is OBVIOUS. Women aren't our slaves, You Know! They are our partners in this world.

No Jehovah's Witness today can answer these questions without exposing their entire religion as a sham.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• AlanF
    AlanF

Booby say:

: I am the only person on this board that offers any reliable spiritual guidance whatsoever.

Right. Just like your Mommy does.

Let's see now, um, um... oh yeah.

Booby da Reverand Leroy say:

August 1997: "Come Octoba you betta watch out fo' da Trib-Alation!"
    August 1998: "Come Octoba you betta watch out fo' da Trib-Alation!"
    August 1999: "Come Octoba you betta watch out fo' da Trib-Alation!"
    October 1999: "Come jan-ary you betta watch out fo' da Trib-Alation!"
    August 2000: "Come Octoba you betta watch out fo' da Trib-Alation!"
    August 2001: "Come Octoba you betta watch out fo' da Trib-Alation! Fact is, spite'a evy-thing I dun say, it really come Real Soon Now. Fact is, Fine-Nantional System gone dun be warrin' wid itsef!"
    September 2001: "See I tode ja! I tode ja! Trib-Alation come Real Sooner Now!"
    October 2001: "Whee dogey! It be come Real Soon Now!"
    November 2001: "Whee dogey! It be come Real Soon Now!"
    December 2001: "Whee dogey! It be come Real Soon Now!"
    January 2002: "Whee dogey! It be come Real Soon Now!"
    February 2002: "Whee dogey! It be come Real Soon Now!"
    March 2002: "Whee dogey! It be come Real Soon Now!"
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    August 2030: "Whee dogey! I be done livin' now! But da Trib-Alation be done come Real Soon Now and I done gone laff at you misable apostates fum da heaven! Sssssss............."

AlanF

• You Know
    You Know
    Sigh...it's impossible to argue with you, YouKnow, because the moment I ask you something you go back to your trusty old Bible.

That's a virtue isn't it?

So you believe in all of the Bible, right?
    Right.

Every last little bit?
    Yes. I believe it transmits God's thoughts and purposes.

Then why don't you start applying some of it's vaunted 'principles'? Like there having to be 2 witnesses to an act of child molestation? You and I both know that this is wrong. There is no way you can say that it is the correct thing to ignore child molestation just because of some silly law in the Old Testament.
    Yeah, It seems that the Devil really cornered us on that one. By the way, though, we are not really following the OT Law on that, because Christ reiterated that principle for Christians. Over all, the application of that principle works as a safeguard so that someone can't be falsely accused so easily, but when it comes to such hideously evil crimes as child molestation it doesn't seem to work. So, the Devil gave us a big black eye on that one. We'll get even, eventually.

The rape issue is another. If a woman is raped, do you think she enjoys it?
    No, of course not.

Which bit of the whole rape do you think she enjoys the most, physically being raped and then being mentally raped by the Elders during her judicial hearing? What if she didn't have a choice during the rape? A knife at her throat or a gun to her head?
    Rape isn't a good thing---period. And elders who would treat a victim that way will answer to Jehovah. I know you aren't interested in the Bible, but I am going to tell you anyway. Ezekiel chapter 34 is Jehovah's judicial decisions that he will render towards neglectful and abusive elders within his organization.

It seems that the ideas of freedom in the Bible and in reality are quite different. YouKnow, how would you feel if the Bible had been written by women?
    No differently.

Would you enjoy wearing a dishcloth on your head?
    No woman should wear such an undignified head covering. The Bible's calling for a woman to cover her head refers to what she would noramlly wear as head attire. All women wore head covering back then.

This is OBVIOUS. Women aren't our slaves, You Know! They are our partners in this world.
    Right on man. Which reminds me: I gotta go pick up my wife and get dinner started for her. / You Know
  • You Know
    You Know

Come on now, no takers on the question I posed to all apostates, as to why Jehovah still gets the blame if the world goes nuclear? / You Know

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Can you restate the question so we don't have to plough through War and Peace to find it?

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit