26% drop in auxiliary pioneers in "special month" between 2011 and 2012

by sir82 58 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

That is great news! I didnt want to spoil it for him....

• Joker10
    Joker10

It was expected. Everyone knew it would not exceed last years figures! You cannot ask everyone to give up some vacation time every 12 months.

So the turnout this year was pretty good. Revisits and studies continue to go up every month, by average.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Joker! Where you been? Still unfailingly putting a positive spin on the numbers.

• sir82
    sir82

Joker! Welcome back!

So a 26% drop was expected? By whom, and how do you know?

Let me guess - the 2% Memorial attendance for the USA was expected as well, right?

Aren't we supposed to expect Jehovah to continue "making the little one a thousand" - unending increases over quota for tractor production sorry, publisher counts and activity?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Revisits and studies continue to go up every month, by average.

What is that supposed to mean?

If you are saying publishers average more Bible Watchtower Publication Studies than in the past, I would hazard a guess that it is their own children, as a result of the book study being dropped and a family study pushed in its place.

• steve2
    steve2

Revisits and studies continue to go up every month, by average.

What is that supposed to mean?

In true Orwellian fashion, it can mean whatever the Watchtower wants it to mean.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think he means that the long term upward trend in the number of bible studies continues, which i think is true enough. The trend predates the abolition of the book study and emphasis on family study. Nevertheless the increase in bible studies has not so far resulted in increased growth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Studies continue to go up every month, by average...Joker10

Then Noah loaded the Animals on the Ark..

See the Elephants!

........................... ...OUTLAW

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

A wonderful decrease, thanks for sharing this good news

• Joker10
    Joker10

Once every few years, the Society makes a push to get everyone to participate as much in field service in a BIG way.

Who doesn't remember August 1996 when the US branch was hoping for ONE MILLION publishers to preach during that month (for the first time), and elders were able to get 1,040,000 to participate (KM's "One Million!" article)? It was huge. Or what about in April 2000 with KM's article " "Can We Make April 2000 Our Best Month Ever?", and new peaks of pioneers and, for the first time, over 20 million hours was reached in the US (21 to be exact)?

There are always new peaks of activity when the Society waits every few years for a big preaching campaign. It's less special when its done every 12 months.

For those who say that they are still declining by this and this much without really analyzing past campaigns, keep in mind that so far, regular pioneers are up something like 4% from last year, the number the WT cares about the most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit