26% drop in auxiliary pioneers in "special month" between 2011 and 2012

by sir82 58 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Joker what did you make of David Splane's comment in the history DVD that God doesn't care about the number of worshippers? Looking at your posting history it seems to be all you care about.

• sir82
    sir82

the number the WT cares about the most.

<Chortle>

That number ain't "number of regular pioneers", dude.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Well Ive always like analying numbers. Always have. Just interesting figures in general... So when somebody takes one figure and compares it to a similar one and think that's all there is and end of story, I just roll my eyes.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well the society pushed for aux. pioneers and reduced the hourly requirement to 30 both last year and this year. You might expect some drop off the second time round of attempting the same trick, but 26% is a fairly substantial drop off even taking that into consideration. I wonder if they will try again with 30 hours next year.

Like you I am interested in numbers. And like you I have sometimes criticised the simplistic and even misleading ways some on the forum have used Watchtower figures in the past. But the writing does seem to be on the wall for Watchtower statistics inasmuch as the Governing Body just does not seem to be interested in them so much any more; no doubt because the growth is not as impressive as it used to be. The removal of the branch numbers from the Kingdom Ministry was a big step. I wouldn't be surprised if the annual report was shortened in terms of the information they give out, or even dropped altogether.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    For those who say still say declining this and this much without really analyzing past campaigns, keep in mind that so far,
    regular pioneers are up something like 4% from last year..Joker10

All they had to do was drop the number of hours pioneers put in..

The WBT$ Pioneer.. Now Everyone is a..

Field Service Hour Sale!.. Pioneer!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Joker10
    Joker10
    The removal of the branch numbers from the Kingdom Ministry was a big step.

It was. But you know, not all the KM's leave the numbers out. In some countries, like Latin America and in Brazil, they include the complete month's figures from time to time, instead of the 'highlights'. A summary of the worldwide work is bound to happen tho.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I think what is being lost in this discussion is the way the society has to lower the bar to get the results they want. To me....it doesn't matter if the society had 26% fewer auxillary pioneers this year in comparison with last or 5%. What matters is that to achieve these results....they have to lower their standards.

A sales manager gets results by getting his employees to sell more. The bar doesn't change.....he just has to find a way to motivate the employees to reach that goal. The society does the opposite. They bring the goal down so more people can reach it. It is like a college professor grading on an 80% curve all year long and then bragging about how many of his students got A's. It is a fabrication of success.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me
    This is a nature of man argument. Yes they thought that the GB knew something they did not. So they played the game one time. When nothing happened they bowed out the next time the "opportunity" came around. They have to know the gig is up.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For the WBT$`s Next Trick..

The WBT$ Magician will saw Pioneers in Half..

Which will Double t he Number of..

Pioneers in the WBT$!..

http://rlv.zcache.com/magician_sawing_a_lady_in_half_photosculpture-p153828407825198473env3c_400.jpg

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• mP
    mP

The WTS realy needs to find something that wastes time to replace witnessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit