Br. Jackson Illustration: "Run, Idiot, Run!"

by respectful_observer 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Wait - isn't this the guy who supposedly just got engaged?

It seems pretty likely his future bride is not of the "anointed" class.

If we're on the "1 inch line", and good ol' Brother Jackson is about to be raptured up to join the rest of the 144,000 "very soon now", why bother to get married? Isn't that rather cruel to the young sister, if he's not going to be here for very long?

• blondie
    blondie

Isn't there a designated time period, that all can see the time clock counting down, know when the time is up? jws have been told they are at the one inch line prior to 1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1940's, 1975, and up to 1984 and 1994 using the 70 to 80 year generation count from 1914.

15 minutes a quarter in US football. The WTS once tried saying it was 6,000 years to that line but then said they couldn't know because it began with Eve's creation....but remember Jesus was supposedly in heaven helping God create, so he knew.

Did Loesch know Jackson was using a sports analogy on people that are supposed to avoid sports as being the same as gladiator competitions?

• scary21
    scary21

Good point sir82........lol...ha ha ha

• Gayle
    Gayle

most sports,,there can only be so many "overtimes" and then at least there's a "sudden death." The WTS game is "overlapping" forever.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

What I am getting from his talk is that he actually supports the Trojans. Losing team.

• flipper
    flipper

I swear these GB members just get more idiotic themselves every year. Jesus Christ

• minimus
    minimus

I guess football is ok to watch, huh?

• jam
    jam

A more fitting illustration, he is on the one line yard he

dancing, he celebrate and out of no where an 300lb tackle

rings his bell. Game over. He took his eye of the prize.

Who in the hell is going to stop on the one yard line and

look at the time clock.

• sabastious
    sabastious

What does a touchdown signify? How did I end up in the game? Why am I playing the football game of eternity? What happens if I lose? Do I get my check regardless of the outcome? Why are the angels crazed fanatics in the bleachers?

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" We're the event that the universe is watching."

Delusions of grandeur, the universe is completely indifferent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit