What did you eat when you moved out if you didn't know how to cook?

by Aware! 85 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Nah, never been to prison, but I've been married 15 years does that count?

• afreeman
    afreeman

You have the Internet at your disposal. Do some research and learn how to make some simple meals while you still can.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

aware, dont let anyone tell you you cant! there is no such thing as failure. just early attempts at success. YOU control your destiny. as long as you keep trying. to a younger person dont let some setbacks discourage your determination.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Do some research and learn how to make some simple meals while you still can.

I am! :D But I wanted to know what people here did and what their favorite recipes were.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I'm also a male & young...moved out of my parents a couple months now....I'm not a fan of cooking, but learnt a few things from friends of mine and also a buddy of mine who's a professional chef...I also had great wordly friends who'd invite me for dinner...I usually eat fruits for breakfast.

Kool Jo

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I bought this book, all the recipes are extremely simple and teach you the basics of cooking.

The Bachelor's Guide: To Ward Off Starvation

I was the only one of my roommates that didn't eat frozen TV dinners or fast food every night.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

yes baltar that counts. but i hear the food is better. and awake some fresh veggies like squash, shrooms, onions, with some olive oil work with the grill too. anything that can cut flat.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

yes baltar that counts. but i hear the food is better. and awake some fresh veggies like squash, shrooms, onions, with some olive oil work with the grill too. anything that can cut flat.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Cooking isn't really that hard. The above mentioned book would be great. If youre a geek like me there are a million apps for smart phones that are great. How to cook everything is one that I think is pretty awesome. The website cooks.com has any and everything you could want to eat on it. If you just follow directions and give it your best effort you will find cooking isn't so tough.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Paralipomenon- I like the title of the book, and the price is not bad. Just added it to my Amazon wish list. Thanks.

Kooljo-

I usually eat fruits for breakfast

Same here. Cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, yogurt, bagel with cream cheese, PB&J, and if I'm in a hurry granola bars and an instant breakfast shake. I was mainly worried about the heavy stuff like lunch and dinner. So no one here ate frozen dinners?

Sheep2slaughter- thanks for the app and website suggestion.

fakesmile- Wow, thanks for another grill tip about the veggies. It looks like me mum was wrong.

Thank you everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit