Has anyone heard of "Secret Disfellowshipping" by Jehovah's Witnesses? Menlo Park Ca. Congregation. Update.

by Balaamsass 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

YES YES, Ripvanwinkle, Those Bros were dealt with trecherously! Not to mention the poor and elderly forced to travel a much longer distance to the KH.

Flipper, great post! More need to stand up to these WT$ cowards like you did. Unfortunately for the 3 from Menlo Park, the appeal committee is headed by an Elder with messy issues. It is bound to turn out bad for them. I just hope this mess wakes them up.

• flipper
    flipper

3RDGEN- In some ways it may turn out bad for these elders- but think about it, in other ways it might turn out good. From the aspect of having to face a JC made up of crooked, dishonest on the take elders - yes- however if these elders can attain the services of a non-Witness attorney truly worth his salt in dealing with this kind of breech of the law- they may be able to prove the liability and dishonesty of the WT society and perhaps win the case and have justice dealt to the WT society.

Another option would be for the elders to be assertive and request neutral elders from other congregations to serve on the appeal committee. Call Bethel legal or whoever controls the decision- someone OUTSIDE the loop of crooked , dishonest game playing elders & C.O.'s in the area.

Then again- another option would be for the elders to just say " screw it " and not attend the appeal JC and not worry about getting DFed and just concentrate on winning their trial about the Menlo park ordeal. In a court of law it won't matter to a judge if the elders got Dfed or not. He won't judge them negatively. In fact - a good prosecuting attorney representing these elders would be able to prove if they are DFed that the WT society was trying to octrasize these men further and it would be a feather in the elders attorney's hat . It may show the judge that the WT society reps were trying to quiet , minimize, or eliminate these elders credibility by DFing them. If you see where I'm going with that. So- these are just some thoughts percolating in my brain. Something to think about

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DT
    DT

If I were involved in this situation I would be tempted to attend the appeal staffed by the elders that are defendants in this lawsuit. The result would be virtually guaranteed, but they would have to be very careful to avoid further liability. It could end up being very awkward for them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Unfortunately for the 3 from Menlo Park, the appeal committee is headed by an Elder with messy issues. It is bound to turn out bad for them.

Appeal Committees are a farce. Name any Elder who has the balls to overturn a DFing that was put into motion by the WTS? This was clearly a Kangaroo Court from the very beginning. The defied GOD WTS and they had to be punished. They are Heros who sacrificed everything they had (in the Truth) to maintain their integrity.

Doc

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...The Watchtower is a malicious slanderer, a shamless blackmailer and a 3rd degree reputation assassin..."
    blindnomore

Yes, very true. I experienced it first hand to the full. The extend of my character assasination was far and beyound any human sanity. I was profoundly shocked and horrified upon discovery of this. Let me disclose here how I found out. It was an agregation of events spanning a period of five years. At first it was so top secret, ministrial servants and elders maintainig a two-faced dealings with me. You are given previledges in teh congregation to maintain an appearance of good christian standing in the congregation while at the same, top secret assasination of your charater is going on. When the table was turned on them meaning I started researching to get a pattern, they were caught off guard. It was a great embrassment and an elder and his son had to appologise to me both one in one person in writing and another in person but I never accepted them. I knew more than what they knew

Scott77

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see. Though the courts don't care a whit about the internal Disfellowshipping policies of the WTS, these elders were also effectively removed as financial officers of the local Kingdom Hall! That does make the WTBTS ultimately responsible for the whole kit and kaboodle!

• Quendi
    Quendi

Our friend cedars has started a thread asking if the Governing Body is merely ignorant or evil. Some may want to blame the Service and Legal Departments of the WTS for the Menlo Park outrages, but regardless of the extent of their involvement, the complicity of the Governing Body in this issue cannot be dismissed, and that complicity is another identifying mark of the evil nature of the WTS and its Governing Body.

Quendi

• Quendi
    Quendi

3rdgen , you have a PM.

Quendi

• Quendi
    Quendi

Secret disfellowshippings are nothing new for the WTS. A close friend of mine in Colorado was disfellowshipped in absentia when he persisted in challenging the Gentile Times teaching and other doctrines. He was never haled before any judicial committee and the orders to disfellowship him came directly from the Service Department in Brooklyn. Since he had been corresponding with Governing Body members about his findings, they must have given the okay for the action. Evidently, they feared that a committee hearing would result in word of his “heresy” to leak out and cause other people to question WTS orthodoxy, hence the secret decision.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit