Is the Governing Body EVIL or IGNORANT?

by cedars 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

I'll answer Rip Van Winkle's question , " When men in authority allow irreparable harm of children and families for years , and do nothing to change it ; when it's in their power to do so, is that evil ? " Yes, not only is it evil but it's criminal. The WT leaders are leaders of a criminally negligent organization. It's pretty obvious

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Just a thought... out of all the JW doctrines, can you name any that have originated POST Freddy Franz? Rutherford came up with a lot of the crazy concepts. Fred Franz, many times more. Knorr, I think, deferred to Franz.

I can't think of any... except maybe the new attempts to morph the generation teaching into something that fits with the fact that the end is not coming... and the POST Fred Franz GB is horrible at it. I think most of the doctrines, even the concept of "the organization" itself, didn't fully originate with C.T. Russell. It was, pretty much to an exclusive degree, Rutherford and Fred Franz, and Freddy to a larger degree. These guys in there today just don't have the attention to detail, and pure skill needed to perpetuate this cult.

MMM

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

It's a corporation dedicated to the survival of the corporation. The governing body are all now company men who have proved their dedication to the corporation. Everything they do, seen through that lens, makes sense.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Expeculations anyone? Is easy to qualify something with out all the facts... But is it wise?

• Room 215
    Room 215

I think that whaever personal misgivings they may harbor in ther heart of hearts, they allow themselves to ride a wave of approbation that borders on veneration while enjoying a lifestyle of affluence that many dream of, but few attain.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Given that they have great resources to research and obtain knowledge, why they even availed themselves of a United Nations library card, their vast ignorance has to be willfull. That is a first evil.

The trail of bloodguilt caused by their teachings about blood and other medical practices still stands as a testimony to their evil. There has never been an apology and even a hint of a move to make restitution. Even if an outside agency, such as the courts, attempts to get them to make restitution, their answer is to appeal that and try to get out of it, an unscriptural practice. If someone made a mistake due to ignorance, then became aware that their mistake had caused harm, they would be repentant. Evil NEVER repents.

The testimony to their deliberate evil is their written publications. They are full of carefully crafted manipulative statements to command obedience from the reader and follower. They are full of outright dishonesty in making an untruth appear to be true, See the trinity brochure and the articles about the destruction of Jerusalem to see a demonstration of this dishonesty.

A telling example of their manipulation is found in the Young People Ask book. This book is written for children and teens. The chapter on masturbation starts off with an admission that scripture says nothing about that body function, and then proceeds to fill the young mind with guilt inducing manipulative language that the practice is somehow wrong. Someone carefully crafted that, knowing that it would cause needless guilt, anguish and suffering among the most vulnerable people in the organization. The masturbation teaching and other inappropriate exposure of sexual matters to children serves as a sort of "grooming" process that makes victims available to pedophiles. The governing body knows this, and in fact they endorse it vigorously. They are men of the worst sort of evil, with thousands of deaths, and millions of tortured anguished lives being the fruit of their labors.

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body are evil and have millstones waiting for them

• therevealer
    therevealer

Not sure if more needs to be said after that last post. Accurate and succinct kurtbethel.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I believe that there is a certain maelovelence about them - they KNOW all the ISSUES that apostates and "disgruntled ones" have with their doctrine.

Yes, they preach and teach a lie because it suits them to do so and woe betide anyone who doubts. This in itself makes them evil.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think ignorance is the most prominent problem with the GB, the evil perhaps stems from the what they have cultivated from that established ignorance.

They really have little understanding or comprehension toward mankind's past ignorances, particularly in the bronze age of the middle east.

Nevertheless they know rightly of their positional power in the organization of which they are head of.

One could say they have established ignorance concerning mankind's past historical ignorance of the world the ancients once lived within.

• Etude
    Etude

Who know what lurks in the hearts of men! I think that the WTBTS could take a lesson from Deuteronomy 22:8, which states: "When you build a new house, you shall make a parapet for your roof, so that you will not bring bloodguilt on your house if anyone falls from it." Since they're so hell-bent on "principles" from the old testament they should surrender to the authorities for commiting negligence that has cause so much pain and possibly death (like in Malawi). Their policies and reversal of policies have had untold consequences on families and individuals. They may not be evil, but their are quite guilty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit