Is the Governing Body EVIL or IGNORANT?

by cedars 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The question should be: Weak or wicked? The Bible takes a dim view on the latter. The GB as a collective is a product of their own making. They are intellectually stunted, because that's how they like it. No, they cannot be excused. Each of them has a brain, better than any man-made computer. The fact that they preferred not to develop it, is unpardonable. They will be judged adversely for that. That's why their organization is going down the tube, it's like a stagnant pond, where everything rots, producing a great deal of methane (hot air?). Could one compare them to the leadership of the Nazis? Those that did survive the war, were not excused. A favorite excuse: "I merely followed orders." And does the Bible not say that the teachers are going to receive a "heavier judgment." No, their actions and decisions cannot be excused by God or man.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The fact that they preferred not to develop it

How do you know that?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I listen to what they have to say. They discourage secular education. Call it primitive thinking if you like. Definitely no rocket scientist amongst them. Fred France would have been the exception.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Another reason: Why is it that the NWT has not had a revision since 1984? Because Fred Franze is dead and there is no other qualified for such a job. Dealing with the Bible all the time, one would think that they, or those under them, would be encouraged to study the original languages of the Bible.

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Ignorant resulting in evil!!!!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

'Wilful', 'deliberate' or 'knowing' ignorance is my best guess, brought about by ego and the thirst for veneration and power.

And that, in my opinion, in view of the potential and actual harm they cause, is evil. They are not dissimilar to many other secular and religious leaders.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Cedars, again a very worthy topic - and very well reasoned, I believe.

Psychiatrist Morgan Scott Peck had a deeply incisive understanding of evil.

He defined EVIL as "militant ignorance" and characterised it as "malignant self-righteousness".

Obviously Ray Franz was neither yet he served the Sanhedrin for a number of years.

What about the other members of the Sanhedrin?

A very good question indeed.

At some level they MUST know - many have written them repeatedly, clearly exposing their apostasy, illegitimacy, nakedness, blindness and abhorrent spiritual state.

One also thinks of the saying: "the whole is bigger than the sum of the parts"...

This is a very tangled problem with many hidden and esoteric dimensions. I personally do however believe the best answer lies in the powerful and deep illustration about "bearded darnel"...

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Cedars and Sir - I couldn't agree with you more. Ray Franz even said that there weren't any men on that governing body that he wouldn't provide food and shelter for if they needed it. They are imperfect men. Men that have been thrust into positions of power and yes...power corrupts. But more than that.......they all believe that this is God's organization. First and foremost this is THE most important belief. Even if they have to adjust the bible to fit organizational history. Even if they themselves do not understand why their forefathers made a particular stand on a doctrinal matter. Even if they have to print lies and be deceitful. This IS God's organization and all of the aforementioned is simply theocratic warfare that God wants them to engage in to preserve the organization and its legacy.

It is the aura....the aura that this HAS to be God's organization....and that God's organization MUST be lead by holy spirit. The delusion of holy spirit actually leading them makes them calloused to the decisions they or their forefathers make that serve to hurt other people. After all....the holy spirit made that decision.....THEY THEMSELVES did not. Who are we to argue against it?

Belief that this is God's organization will cause men in power to do and say whatever needs to be said or done to perpetuate it. IT is in control and its damaging doctrines are its spine. Its damaging doctrines are as entrenched as the U.S. Constitution.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Being the self-appointed sole channel of communication with God puts them in an obligatory position to thoroughly search the scriptures with humility and honesty. They should be praying incessantly to be guided by HS and then seeking to follow its leadings through the pages of the Bible to find answers. "

Therein lies the problem. When you have 7 yes men that have been thrust into the role of leadership.....they don't know what to do. The only option is to hold tight to the existing doctrines and decisions because.....well......they were made by the holy spirit so they can't be wrong, can they? Any revocation of a damaging doctrine (or even suggestion to do so) could be construed by the other 6 as the first step to apostacy. And then that man would be in Ray Franz' shoes.

It would not shock me at all if certain men on the GB either now or in times past have truly wondered to themselves if a particular doctrine is correct. But then they quickly remind themselves that they are imperfect....and such a thought is just Satan trying to get them to be like Ray Franz so they quickly dismiss it

• Hermano
    Hermano

Great topic Cedars!

For me it boils down to this:

Evil = Knowingly perpetuation a farce

Ignorant = They believe they have the truth and are captives of a concept.

The best evidence I have is Ray Franz's testimony. Until I see evidence which shows they know it is all a lie and continue perpetuating it I have to say they are ignorant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit