just need encouraging words... elders came over and breifly stopped by to encourage me back to hall

by Butterflyleia85 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Aware!
    Aware!

He told me I have candida. That's going to get me back to the Kingdom Hall, I don't think so!

A yeast infection? Lol. I don't know what it means.

Butterflyleia85, sorry I hijacked your thread.

I think talking to someone you have known for so long will elicit a nervous response. I get shaky when I'm asking JWs questions to get them thinking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

According to Dr.WatchTard..

SBF has a Yeast Infection..

?..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SBF - that's pretty funny. . . The candida/apostasy connection will be released at the one-day secret elders meeting in February.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Butterflyleia85, you did fine. But you don't need to be polite about it
    if you don't want to talk to them. Read up on cults, via Steven Hassan books.
    It may help you to start to repair your family relations or at least start to
    find a crack in their shunning.

But the friends, the people at the KH- move on. Forget them as best you can.
    They will shun. Don't be fooled by some nice elders on a visit. They are
    doing their job. They will shun you at the KH or while they are with their
    families on the street, same as the rest.

Strength to you.

• blondie
    blondie

According to Dr.WatchTard..

SBF has a Yeast Infection..

? .. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butterfly, you did fine. They would like to blame it on your husband rather than take responsibility for their lack of love. I hate it when jws I know just drop by, especially elders. That doesn't show love.

Blondie

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Butterfly, Don't worry, you were more "Christian" than they are by far. You were more polite than they deserve. I like how your husband made his presence known as if to say "Don't mess with my wife". Best wishes

• Gayle
    Gayle

It is emotional and irritating when dealing with someone that is trying to friend or re-friend us when we know their friendship is only conditional. We know the JW system and how it controlled and burdened us as young ones. Your nervousness may be a first-step mechanism indicating the need of alert/protectionism. If they come again, hopefully if your husband is there, he can take it to a second-step and tell them whatever he wants, like they better not ever come over again, etc. My husband now, never a JW, told a couple male JWs (I don't know any in this area)when they came to our door, that he was really glad they came by now that he got df'd for apostasy and that he really wanted to tell them "the truth about the truth." He was quite surprised how spooked they were & left immediately.

Your children are very fortunate as they have a mom, now with a certain kind of experience, to raise them with freedom of mind and heart. You can ensure them of your unconditional love and provide a normalcy for them.

So many best wishes.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Sorry you had to go through that emotional ordeal.

It's great your husband is so supporting. Lean on him, he'll hold you up.

hugs

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL, first they give advice on Blood, now yeast infections

from a Witness who has a doctorate in dumb

You did great Butterfly

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sorry, dear Butterfly.

Wishing you and your growing family well.

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit