just need encouraging words... elders came over and breifly stopped by to encourage me back to hall

by Butterflyleia85 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Given that they out-numbered and ambushed you, you did just fine. It's not like they "won" and you're now going to return to beatings at the Kingdumb Haul.

• rebel8
    rebel8

So slim, he did this as a segue to sell you some vitamins, right?!!

I hate being labeled it's like the worse feeling ever!

Your feelings are valid.

But remember that feelings aren't facts. It's not the worst thing ever to be labeled by a bunch of small-minded, misinformed people.

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

Butterfly, you were way nicer to them than they deserved. How rude to just stop by, but that's what they like....to catch people off guard.

They came to encourage you to come back to meetings and your DF'd?

So.... in other words they want you to come back to meetings so you can be shunned.

• poppers
    poppers

The elder said well you know there are people, prests, popes, etc and

I wonder if they were about to allude to their own pedophile problem, but I would have stop him there too in order add, "Of course you are right, but don't forget to include elders and MS to the list." That would have driven home the point that you've been doing some research, and then make your comment about doctrine. Being that they ambushed you I think you did great.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Well at least she got her yearly vist lol because most elders don't even do that for you. The elders should of called you first because stopping by.

• Kudra
    Kudra

You did well! Don't worry about being shaky- being publicly denounced and rejected by your peer group for doing nothing wrong is a really unnatural and emotionally scarring event. The fact that you have a good head on your shoulders and you are confidently moving forward is EXCELLENT. Plus you have your children and family to put first now -you have a great life and don't need those guilt trippers and time wasters bringing you down. We are cheering you on! :)

K

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLYLEIA- Congratulations to you and your husband on your new upcoming baby ! What you were feeling were normal emotions of uneasiness, nervousness, and ickiness due to how we were all so controlled by these elders and intimidated by them when we used to be JW's. It takes time for that uneasiness to go away. It will though, I promise- with time. You handled it great and as others stated, please know we are here for you, O.K. ? Hang in there , many of us have experienced the same thing

• etna
    etna

butterfly, you did real good. Sorry you felt like crap.

Etna

• moshe
    moshe

You did well- we have posters with many years seniority here, who get all sweaty and limp-brained when elders come calling on them. You can get over your fear of the elders once you discover they are more afraid of you and what you can say to them, which might shake their faith in the WT Org.

• Scott77
    Scott77

'...But I'm shaking all over because it brings back such depressing memories of my DFment. I hate being labeled it's like the worse feeling ever!...'
    Butterflyleia85

OMG! What an evil religion the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is! They mercelessly disfellowship people presumebly to make the unrepeatant one return back after feeling 'sorry' and to make their congregation 'clean'. Ok, that is there right but where is human sanity when they return back to ask the disfellowshiped to return back? Is not their disfellowshiping policy a mockery of their own actions?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit