Tiresome Speculation

by Wayward Son 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

The boys at WT HQ seem pretty sincere about the end being just a whisper away. Much of what they are doing smells of a “batten down the hatches” and “brace for impact” mindset. I know this is a drum they have been beating for decades, but…

- The intensity seems to be ramping up.

- They know more about the lawsuits, low baptisms, youth retention rate, apostate uprising, etc… than we do.

- I think many of them really believe they are God’s one true organization and they view these events as prophesy-fulfilling.

- I think they foresee their own impending demise.

They are taking all the guess work out of the state of their stability. Every desperate move they make is a telling gauge of how close their own, isolated, corporate implosion really is.

All we have to do is Listen, Observe and Be Amused.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

How true.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

All we have to do is Listen, Observe and Be Amused

This is the greatest apostate slogan ever!

• zeb
    zeb

................... at what price the needed corporate humility. I.e the ability to say we were wrong and sorry. Then to go in humility to god and say please direct us. because the answer may not come from what they consider a 'credable source'.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS have backed themselves into a corner, If they admit to any wrong doin' that means

they lied about bein' God's " Spirit directed organization " It will mean they lied when they published

The September 2010 Watch Tower on page 13 para. 8 that claimed " Thus, what is taught is not from men ( The Governing Body ) but from Jehovah."

Question: Why would anything from Jehovah need to be adjusted wit " NU light " or anything else

• wasblind
    wasblind

The apostle Paul states the same thing the WTS " claims "

Galatians 1: 11-12 " For I put you on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human. For niether did I recieve it from man, nor was I taught it, except through revelation by Jesus Christ."

Question : How were the men in Brooklyn, able to overstep Jesus and get info directly from The Father himself ????

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" Thus, what is taught is not from men ( The Governing Body ) but from Jehovah."

Unfortunately Jehovah never spiritually guided this organization or selectively choose it, for its a commercialized false prophet/profit.

I think what we are seeing right now is the starting reformation of the WTS.

Doctrines will be changed, perhaps the Awake and Watchtower magazine will go through a name change, which actually has

been done before.

Why ? Because if a religious organization is to maintain a semblance of support from the public, you have to make the organization appear valid and real.

The WTS. doctrines are getting old and weakly invalid now after a century of propagating them out to the public.

The leaders of the religious publishing house are sensing themselves they are going to have to reform some of the organization's old doctrines.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Oh, the irony of predicting doomsday of a doomsday cult!

They survived 1914, and flourished in its wake. Perhaps the information age makes things different, but I doubt it: most all young dubs have access to the Internet and browse daily, but they're so conditioned to reject what they read that they're on auto-reject mode....

And the GB will use a strategy that mankind has used for 4,000 yrs: blame themselves when God doesn't do something, ie "we didn't understand his message", etc, etc. Men are good at building towers of excuses so high, that they put the Tower of Babel to shame....

• Gayle
    Gayle

2012: "Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,' said Brother Pierce, 'we are proceeding to develop the site [anyway] with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there.' (15 August 2012 Watchtower).

********************************************************************************************

This is their big admission!!

Of course, the immediate reference was about their world headquarters. But this is big, this is their temple, their Home. Bottomline, this is their attitude about everything! They "are not certain of Jehovah's will" - period! They proceed "to develop" when there's money and free labor.

They are 'wandering in the desert."

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

King Solomon, your post makes sense.

Damn you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit