Tiresome Speculation

by Wayward Son 40 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

And the GB will use a strategy that mankind has used for 4,000 yrs: blame themselves when God doesn't do something, ie "we didn't understand his message", etc, etc. Men are good at building towers of excuses so high, that they put the Tower of Babel to shame....______KIng Solomon

No argument there

All the young dubs need to do is read their own literature. I know, easier said than done

cuz the sheep are kept to busy to really read and disect the bunk they peddle

So I'll post this just for the sheep that may come across this site

" Bible chronology also pinpointed in advance the time when certain important events in the fulfillment would take place."_______Reasoning book page 93

Question: Isn't a pinpoint the same as a dot ??????

Isn't claimin' " We didn't understand the message " admittin' the Governing Body can't follow the " DOTS " ?????????

Warning : For those still in, please connect dots one , two , and three, it will lead you to dot four , which leads to the door

• Heaven
    Heaven

Question: Why would anything from Jehovah need to be adjusted wit " NU light " or anything else

Truth does no change. 'NU Light' is the future's 'Old Light'. Botchtower's 'NU light' continually blinds them.

• blondie
    blondie

It always amazed me when individual jws would try to pin down the fulfillment of the start of the end, the GT, considering this scripture which I call the Heisenberg Principle of WTS bible interpretation.

(Matthew 24:44) . . .On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wayward Son said:

King Solomon, your post makes sense.

Damn you!

Ohhhh, sorry about that. I'm trying to work on NOT making sense, LOL!

Your reaction though, is very common: since your eyes have been opened, it is literally amazing to you when you look around and see all the others who seemingly cannot see what is as plain to you as the nose on people's faces.

However, the power of group delusion is incredibly strong, and if it were so simple, as if some magic combination of words existed that could break the power of denial (like "Abracadabra!"), then it wouldn't be such a challenge....

A very wise cartoon character by the name of Homer Simpson once said, "It takes two people to lie: one to tell it, and the other to listen to it." (he also said "DOH!" alot, but that's more for effect, I think...) :)

How true: people seem to only believe what they want to believe, and readily accept whatever agrees with their beliefs. That fundamental flaw of human nature explains how people get wrapped up into cultic beliefs.

As pointed out recently, people don't even realize that the WT study involves the WT providing the questions which are asked, but it also provides the answers! Except the study method used means the READERS parrot the answers, as if THEY are providing the answer, and not the Society! That is soooo insidious, so manipulative, as to be brilliant.

Wasblind said:

No argument there

All the young dubs need to do is read their own literature. I know, easier said than done

cuz the sheep are kept to busy to really read and disect the bunk they peddle

So I'll post this just for the sheep that may come across this site

I actually DO write with the expectations that some who are questioning WILL read here, and hence get an alternative viewpoint that they've never had the privelege of reading or thinking about before.

But the converse is that ALL POSTERS should keep that in mind, as volatile and inflammatory language is the easiest way to sabotage one's own efforts at helping. Whenever I see needlessly provocative language, I wonder if that's not only back-firing, and causing the shields to automatically go up, and confirming in their minds that the GB is right: everyone here IS just a "diseased" apostate, which is not true. (Heck, I was never baptized, and was in for 5 yrs as a kid of a single-parent convert, some 40 years ago.)

I know some are venting their anger at the JWs which is fine, but a dispassionate "just the facts, Ma'am" approach (as taken on jwfacts.com) is probably going to get the message across more effectively than a ranting poster ever will....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,

I have to laugh at that comment, the set leaders of this organization are always postulating that god has chosen them

and is accordingly solemnly guiding them. Unfortunately all the other Christain based faiths are saying the exact same thing.

This is really where the core part of the corruption lies with these religious organizations.

Religion is a game of power for men to bath themselves in, its all a matter if you want to join them in the game of which they have created.

The Kingdom of the Watchtower Corporation in action.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LET'S PLAY CONNECT THE DOTS

Dot One

" Bible chronology also pinpointed in advance the time when certain important events in the fulfillment would take place."______Reasoning book page 93

Dot Two

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scence, all the things foretold will occur, including the " great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end______Reasoning book page 97

Dot Three

September 15 2010 WT para. 8 page 13 " Thus, what is taught is not from men but Jehovah".

Dot Four

Count each active Witness in your congregation that was alive at the start of the fulfillment

and seen Jesus return invisibly

• watson
    watson

wasblind....cookin' with oil!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Dot Five ... Religious theology can be exploited for commercial aspirations and be quite successful.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I know some are venting their anger at the JWs which is fine, but a dispassionate "just the facts, Ma'am" approach (as taken on jwfacts.com) is probably going to get the message across more effectively than a ranting poster ever will....________KIng Solomon

You seem to go out of your way to discount my experience, or the things I say (of which the board is for )

You seem to be sayin' that , because I woke up before becomin' a Baptized Witness

I have no right to warn others.

In many of my post I have given credit where credit is due to further my awakenin'

Which happens to be JWN, FREEMINDS and JWFACTS

You even come off as a poster that claim things should be based on facts

Question: What is it in my post on this thread that is Distasteful to you ????? Would you prefer my post

lost in wording ???? More words are less likely to be read ?????????

I prefer short and to the point.

Another question: Why would anyone be so critical of a contributor, as long as thier contributions are based on facts

that can be proven ???????

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The funny thing is that every time they reveal "new light" they are saying Jehovah is a liar. If they really are guided by Jehovah than he misled them into believing the wrong thing. Hence, God is a liar. So that makes the scripture where it says "It is impossible for God to lie" false. Therefore, we can throw the Bible away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit