Tiresome Speculation

by Wayward Son 40 Replies latest jw friends

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wasblind said:

You seem to go out of your way to discount my experience, or the things I say (of which the board is for )

You seem to be sayin' that , because I woke up before becomin' a Baptized Witness

I have no right to warn others.

In many of my post I have given credit where credit is due to further my awakenin'

And yet, you come off as a poster that claim things should be based on facts

You "SEEM to be saying"? Ever heard of straw-manning, where you create a position that's not actually stated, and then proceed to tear that false image down? You just did it....

I was AGREEING with what you wrote, not challenging it. I do that, using someone's words as a springboard to expand MY thought that was inspired by what someone else wrote.

Here's my advice to you (since you brought the issue up): drop your defensiveness, ASSUMING that everyone is out to get you, trying to attack you. Defensiveness never got anyone anywhere, and is going to create only needless stress for you if you interact with others on discussion forums.

You can do as you will, though: I have no control over anyone here.... I'm pretty OK with that concept. They're only pixels on a screen, and like Eleanor Roosevelt says, no one can make us feel any emotion unless we grant them the power to do so.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't fret none 'bout my stress levels, I have a physician already

and you are wrong, there are humans wit feelin' behind these screens

You worry more what a DEAD woman said, than a live humans feelin' . So be it

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wasblind said:

You worry more what a DEAD woman said, than a live humans feelin' . So be it

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure she actually existed....

Some of those "humans with feelings" (as you say) worry more about what imaginary beings in heaven feel and say, much to the exclusion of the feelings of their OWN flesh-and-blood children (live humans). Did you have a point? :)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Very good point Wasblind!

Galatians 1: 11-12 " For I put you on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human. For niether did I recieve it from man, nor was I taught it, except through revelation by Jesus Christ."

Question : How were the men in Brooklyn, able to overstep Jesus and get info directly from The Father himself ????

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure she actually existed....

Some of those "humans with feelings" (as you say) worry more about what imaginary beings in heaven feel and say, much to the exclusion of the feelings of their OWN flesh-and-blood children (live humans). Did you have a point? :) ______King Solomon

I'm back, Had to feed my family, and make sure they were satisfied

I ain't through wit you yet,

You have made it clear as to what you don't believe, I'm all good wit that

but you cross the line when you discount what I say as a mere " Vent "

Call what I say what you will, but I ain't throwin' round straws mixed wit fallacy

that's not how I roll, I ain't got time to use a straw on you

I swing a broom backed wit the power of facts when it come to discussin' this cult

And you do put down the things people believe that's different from you. your no different from the WTS

• wasblind
    wasblind

But the converse is that ALL POSTERS should keep that in mind, as volatile and inflammatory language is the easiest way to sabotage one's own efforts at helping. Whenever I see needlessly provocative language, I wonder if that's not only back-firing, and causing the shields to automatically go up, and confirming in their minds that the GB is right: everyone here IS just a "diseased" apostate, which is not true. (Heck, I was never baptized, and was in for 5 yrs as a kid of a single-parent convert, some 40 years ago.)_______King Solomon

Question : Have you ever stopped to wonder how many who visit this site may still have a belief in the God that you laugh at ?????

Have you ever wondered , how you look to them ?????

You need to take you own advice

• Aware!
    Aware!

Have you ever stopped to wonder how many that visit this site mya still have a belief in the God that you laughed at ?????
    That's one of the things that bothered me when I was lurking. It helped that I was open minded and wanted to listen to both sides of the argument. King Solomon, just wanted to say that one of your posts answered a question I had that I sent you a PM about. No need to worry about replying. Oh, and I do enjoy your posts...thanks. BTW, I'm not saying I don't enjoy others' posts, but I do like his style.
  • wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS has the same style, they don't look to kindly on folks who believe different from them either

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• Aware!
    Aware!

Wasblind- very true. They are so delusional that they think they alone hold the answer to everything in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit