Tiresome Speculation

by Wayward Son 40 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Opening post makes sense to me.

They really believe it + facing increased pressures = increasingly end-time orientated bizarre behaviour

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It runs in cycles.

Another round of tiresome speculation...

A few years later, these predictions have failed to transpire (just like all that came before them)...

Some members see the "new light" was nothing but the same old darkness, and move on away from the organization...

The others show their dedication by staying, and eagerly accept the next round of tiresome speculation...

and so it goes, as it has for over a century.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wasblind said:

You have made it clear as to what you don't believe, I'm all good wit that

but you cross the line when you discount what I say as a mere " Vent "

Check out the narcissism on you, assuming every comment everyone makes is all about you?

Fact is, I don't even know the name of the poster I was thinking of when I said that "venting" thing; it wasn't even you, but those who I see referring to "lie-ble" etc. Point is, even though it's TRUE, that's a CONCLUSION, and has to be determined by supportive facts.

I got news for ya': I rarely pay attention to who anyone is on forums, since I don't waste time even trying to figure out who said what, who's inconsistent, who's picture is really them, etc, etc. Most posters don't even come up on my radar in that way, since honestly, it doesn't matter... I read to consider ideas, and am an equal opportunity basher. I'm not here to play PC games, but to make a few points, have a few laughs, and slice a few infants in half, etc.

Lurkers who come here have had a bellyful of fake politeness in the JWs, no doubt enuf to last a lifetime (you know, referring to others as "friends", "brothers and sisters", etc). I don't play that game, and find faux sincerity a tad much (unless I'm trying to establish a relationship with them in real-life, whether biz or personal): who needs it? You matter to the people you matter to in your life: I'm not here to make forum friendsies, form alliances (like it's Survivor, or some lame reality TV show), etc, but to help people break free of a strangling, energy-sapping cult.

And you do put down the things people believe that's different from you. your no different from the WTS

Are you kiddin' me? Do you not KNOW that the JWs survive off selling a LIE?

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE: I back up my opinions with verifiable facts, not wish fulfillments and lies that are disproved by those willing to use a bit of logic, and conduct independent research.

Question : Have you ever stopped to wonder how many who visit this site may still have a belief in the God that you laugh at ?????

Have you ever wondered , how you look to them ????? You need to take you own advice

Hey, it's not my fault if some wish to cling to a lie that's simply a different flavor of the same lie. As long as people are going to make changes in their life, they'd be better off doing a clean sweep, cutting the feeder roots at the deepest main root, and questioning that which the JW lie is based: the Bible itself.

Now, that's MY conclusion, and I don't WANT anyone to accept it based on MY word, as they'd still not be conducting independent research and thought (which makes it useless: that's the same thing they already have done their whole lives, relying on GB as "experts"). Obviously the topic is beyond the scope of THIS thread, so they'd have to read a bit to find such discussions....

I don't pull any punches, when it comes to the truth: why should I, or anyone else? In the free market of public opinion, people can pick and choose which arguments are supported by evidence, etc. and not just fluff.

Awake said:

King Solomon, just wanted to say that one of your posts answered a question I had that I sent you a PM about. No need to worry about replying. Oh, and I do enjoy your posts...thanks.

Sorry Awake, I rarely check PMs. But I'll know NOT to answer now, LOL!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wayward: "I think they foresee their own impending demise."

Ah yes, they've concluded that the end is so near because they're holding an empty "bag of tricks" and can't effectively keep their show going. WT has survived much in the past, but I think the information age is like their iceberg and the current ineffective leadership is the over-confident, under-tested Titanic hull.

Sorry, is that too many illustrations in one post?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sol, I have not accused AWARE of anything

they are in agreement with both sides, I made my statement directed at you

What folks want to subscribe to is their bussiness,

Yes , you are like the WTS when you try to make folk feel

less , because they still believe in' a God that you don't

So what !!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wasblind said:

Sol, I have not accused AWARE of anything

they are in agreement with both sides, I made my statement directed at you

Huh? Are you reading the same thread as me? I have no idea what you're saying. Who are "they", what "sides" are you referring to, and we're I say anything about Aware to you?

Billy asked:

Sorry, is that too many illustrations in one post?

I think the allowable limit for mixed metaphors is two, so you're OK. Add another, though, and you'd be in trouble.... ;)

• wasblind
    wasblind

I got news for ya': I rarely pay attention to who anyone is on forums, scince I don't waste time even trying to figure out who said what_____King Solomon

Evidently , you paid attention

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

When I discovered this site on Google, I didn't come on here expecting to find "apostates", since it's a forum. But by the time I found out that this site was considered an "apostate" site, it was too late - I was already waist deep in threads to read, and couldn't stop reading.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

sseven said:

When I discovered this site on Google, I didn't come on here expecting to find "apostates", since it's a forum. But by the time I found out that this site was considered an "apostate" site, it was too late - I was already waist deep in threads to read, and couldn't stop reading.

And by then, your assigned avatar had already sprouted a nice set of horns, a 3rd eye, and a set of sharp jagged teeth, and you realized it was too late, MU-WHA-HA-HA-ha-ha-ha!

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

Hehe...I was kind of disappointed that this site didn't have its own profile management system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit