DO YOU WANT A FUNERAL?

by clarity 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thanks Blondie for enlarging that post, but the funny thing is after I squinted and pulled the computer as close to my face as possible to read it, right below was your post ! I think Giordano must have a brother in law who's an eye doctor or something since he always posts in the smallest font.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Funeral??? Hell NO!!! I plan on outliving all my friends and family. Chances are, there wiil be a big 100 birthday party at the rest home I'll be living in. Then I'll get so excited I keel over and die at the party. Even if I don't ,I'll get to say goodby to anyone who actually cares about me while I'm still alive

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I don't know who Ed Dunlap or his brother is, but RIP to your friends, j_w. :))

I had to chuckle a little bit at this. A new generation is coming up who doesn't know the notorious "apostates" of the early days of yore....

• james_woods
    james_woods

I don't know who Ed Dunlap or his brother is, but RIP to your friends, j_w. :))

I had to chuckle a little bit at this. A new generation is coming up who doesn't know the notorious "apostates" of the early days of yore....

Yup.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

in order of preference

1. Funeral pyre with hubs, children, & close friends & my fav brother. I've instructed hubs not to tell mother and sister and jw brother of my demise. If I'm not good enough for them to talk to me while living, I don't want them to see me off. Unfortunately, the pyre may be illegal here.

2. Natural burial as in no embalming. My body will be wrapped in (organic) cotton.

3. Donate to forensic body farm. Almost as good a natural burial.

I don't want an autopsy. I don't the memorial to be solemn.

• Giordano
    Giordano

That's why I never get a reply!

• talesin
    talesin

Actually, I knew, but felt it was inappropriate to propagate hero-worship on this thread.

And EXCUSE ME, but I was DF'd for apostacy in 1978/9 - can't remember the exact year, it was so long ago. So while YOU were still believing the LIE, I was living the reality of dismissing it. So what if some Bethelite had no funeral?

There are MANY PEOPLE on this board who are role models, NOT just the 'famous' ones.

I apologize for being facetious in my OP,,, I guess it just flew over your heads.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Giordano,,, it *is* hard to read your notes ... sorry, but true. I often can't finish reading it, because, alas, I am old, and it's hard to read. You are correct, I think, about why you don't get more feedback. What I *do* read of your comments, is interesting. :))

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Furthermore,,,

"a new generation is coming up"

is a JW expression.

I invoke Cofty's Law.

t

• Giordano
    Giordano

Talesin I will endeavor to do better....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit