My Wife the 'Rebel'

by breakfast of champions 42 Replies latest members private

• mrquik
    mrquik

BoC; I'm pullin for ya. Same advice; little at a time.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

BOC, great story, I hope the best for you and your wife.

Now, about that damn elder COBE that gave your wife a talkin....

Next meeting get in his face and go off on him. Do it in a civil PC sort of ass ripping, but make sure he gets the point to not f**k with you or your wife!

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Awesome buddy! Your relationship just took a whole new twist eh?

• Hermano
    Hermano

Excellent! Not only is your wife waking up, but her demonstration of true love could also help wake up the disfellowshipped lady.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Skeeter T is quite right...the COBE should never "counsel" Sister Breakfastofchampions if her husband is available...it ain't theocratic!

This is so silly on their part and so inconsistant. We had a similar situation back in the day and the then P.O was the kind of family man who genuinely loved kids and had the knack of pacifying them. Sister D/f was having trouble with her brood so Bro P.O reached out and took the babe, who snuggled happily in his voluminous arms .......What is wrong with that?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm short on time (in the middle of a challenging summer class) but I'd just like to give a quick THANK YOU for all the support and comments here. I really couldn't care less that the COBE talked to my wife instead of me - as YAN B remarked, let them dig their own grave. I DEFINITELY think it was an act of cowardice, but in the end, we're all better off for it - it wouldn't have gone well had he spoken to me.

For anyone who might have missed it, you can get an idea of the discussion my wife and I had the day before here. Thanks again!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Your sweet wife is a JW Rosa Parks !

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I'm short on time (in the middle of a challenging summer class) but I'd just like to give a quick THANK YOU for all the support and comments here. I really couldn't care less that the COBE talked to my wife instead of me - as YAN B remarked, let them dig their own grave. I DEFINITELY think it was an act of cowardice, but in the end, we're all better off for it - it wouldn't have gone well had he spoken to me. - Breakfast of Champions

This religion sure likes quoting Jesus and the bible, but when it comes down to it, they just want to save face for their organization.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Your wife sounds like a genuinely good and loving person. I am so happy for you and her. Like the above cited scripture demonstrates, we are all expected to treat others with compassion and love. Nice to see a professed Christian truly imitating the compassion and love that Christ, their so called exemplar, always demonstrated. She seems like a good sister by a true measure, not necessarily the Watchtowers measure.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Love.

Kindness.

Some things are just lacking in the"Christian Congregation"

-----------

BOC-Thank you for sharing this experience. I hope your wife will have a speedy wake-up!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit