My Wife the 'Rebel'

by breakfast of champions 42 Replies latest members private

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

This is just beautiful BOC! Your conversation with your wife and this experience is so encouraging for al of us locked inside the cult trying to help close family members to learin TTATT. Seems like she gets it and is about to slowly wake up. So happy for you and your progres.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the ball is rolling...

• sabastious
    sabastious

So cool! Your wife is on her way out. Freedom just tastes too good.

-Sab

• undercover
    undercover

Read both your threads about your wife. Sounds like she's starting to think for herself. Good for her and good for you!

A word of caution though...

Be on the look out for backstepping from time to time. I'm sure some people wake up instantly, say, "This is all BS!" and walk out never looking back, but for most of us that had some amount of indoctrination, we spend periods doubting ourselves. So even as she starts to awaken and see where you're coming from, there could be times of when she's drawn back to the fold. But that's okay. If she takes one step back but two or three forward, she's still making progress. Just be on the lookout for when the pressure to confrom is strongest and don't create a situation where she feels like retreating further into it. Patience and tongue-biting... I've got the scars to prove it.

Good luck moving forward...

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Great news! Imagine...human kindness as an act of rebellion..........

• Ding
    Ding

The real revelation comes when a JW realizes that the judgmentalism and legalism aren't confined to one elder or even one board of elders but instead are what the organization is all about.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I'm so happy for you BOC! I think your move to keep silent and allow her to process what you've said so far is probably the best thing you could do. She will probably eventually start asking you more questions as the curtain of the troof falls down, and when she does you know that freedom is close!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

One thing you can count on, is that the messages from the platform, and the experiences at the kingdom hall, will pretty much do all your work for you at this point, now that she is looking at things with a more critical eye in lieu of your revelation. Just stand still, wait, and see your freedom become a reality.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Stealing the phrase from the other thread, thanks for sharing your happifying experience.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

That was a kind gesture on your and your wife's part toward that mother. As someone who has been in the same situation as that young woman, I can tell you that she will always remember the

kindness you showed her. Your wife's actions show she is thinking for herself. As others have mentioned, it's only a matter of time before your wife sees the TATH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit