My Wife the 'Rebel'

by breakfast of champions 42 Replies latest members private

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So the day after I pretty much "came out" to my wife, we go to the Sunday meeting. . .

There's a single mom, new in "the truth", who unfortunately got pregnant by some guy and was subsequently disfellowshipped. She's been coming to meetings, dragging along not only her older son (about 4) but also the newborn baby boy, and sitting in the back room.

Sunday, the newborn (actually a few months old, I think) is fussing, the poor woman is up and down juggling him with the precocious older brother. My wife asks, Can I hold him? and the mother is relieved to have a little break.

So for the rest of the meeting, my wife and I are entertaining the baby in the back (at least we think we were entertaining!) and having a good time. Cute kid, lots of smiles, beautiful boy. The song starts playing, and we keep the baby with us until after the prayer.

Meeting's over, and we head back to the 'cone of silence' room to return baby to mom. My wife tells her "He is such a good boy, and so cute!" putting a beautiful smile across the disfellowshipped sister's face. I think it's the first time I saw this girl smile in a year. I told her that He (the baby) has great taste in ties (he was mesmerized by my tie), and Thank you for letting us hold him.

So that was it - as far as I knew. Talked with a few folks, stayed a bit longer than usual, not a terrible experience. We get in the car and leave. Driving away my wife tells me:

"I got talked to. . . "

"About what?"

"Bro COBE said it looked like I was having a conversation with Sister X and that Sister X is disfellowshipped and I could create the wrong impression with the other folks in the Kingdom Hall"

I think I was just about ready to jump out of my seat.

"Hmmmm. . . What's funny is that I was 'conversing' with her too and he didn't say anything to me" I remarked, "probably because he knows I would tell him to GO FUCK HIMSELF!"

I kind of launched into a tirade about the whole thing: Disfellowshipping, behaving like robots instead of humans; Can you imagine Jesus treating this girl like that? I couldn't help myself. I was so angry.

"Well, I have no problem with what I did," my wife says. "That's why you love me - I'm a rebel!"

"You're right!" I said, "That IS why I love you! But watch it! - they'll end up giving you the boot before me!"

My wife laughed.

I decided to shut up (difficult) because between our conversation on Saturday, and what transpired on Sunday, I think my wife has quite a bit to think about. . .

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hey great progress breakfast.

Thats the way to do it. Plant the logic seeds. Make a point or two, but don't press.

Look for the next opportunity and plant some more.

Her own mind will start connecting the dots.

Good luck!

The Oracle

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yup, she'll see experiences like that with "opened eyes".

The danger is, some JWs think they can change things from the inside, and by being "the rebel" JW they can affect change, but cannot do so if they are out.

That's extremely foolish thinking, since JW elders are not there to learn from the flock, but to TEACH, to LEAD the flock. It's analogous to a sheep trying to set a good example for the shepherd to follow: not going to happen.

Instead, it's simply a battle of wills that the member of the flock cannot win (even if they ARE an elder). Ray Franz failed, and others will, too.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

How very sweet you both were! True Christian behavior, helping someone in need, I'm sure the C.O.B.E. hated that, it made the rest of them look like the uncaring dolts they truly are.

Hopefully, the single sister will see the truth about the truth, before she tries to get reinstated.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

You're a lucky man, BOC, a lucky man!

Just don't push it. Let it take it's course!

Woohoo, I'm so excited for you.

00DAD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's like the COBE is trying to drive your wife away with such threats and judgmentalism. Maybe you should send him a Thank You note... for being a prick.

• Aware!
    Aware!

I'm very happy for you too!!!! This really makes my day.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess he forgot this part of the bible (probably because he hasn't read the bible for so long)

Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Woman

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. 38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, [ a ] and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, the journey happens with small steps ... each is significant.

good news!

tal

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thanks Blondie.

JW's "forget" the parts of the Bible that teach forgiveness.

They only offer "forgiveness" in exchange for submission.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit