What Do you think? Is Natalie Plummer an Idiot? Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap

by Scott77 69 Replies latest social current

• undercover
    undercover

I've also done the "flash your lights" thing to warn people and have slowed down when I see others signal with it.

I use the 'flash the lights' warning myself. True story - I had just driven through a known speed trap area, and sure enough two cop cars were sitting in the shadows, waiting (or maybe just eating donuts) After I passed them I watched cars coming from the other direction. Anyone who seemed to be in danger of going too fast, I gave them the 'flashing' signal. One car came around a curve flying. At least 10 over the limit. I started flashing to warn him. Then as he got close I realized it was a cop.

Which isn't surprising. I get passed by more cars with blue light bars on top than any other kind of car. They routinely drive 10+ over the limit, run red lights, stop signs... all the things we would get tickets for. They also waste a lot of gas. They don't have to pay for it...and they've got a souped up car. Light turns green and it's pedal to the metal.

My favorite thing to do is follow em. Most everyone slows down and gets out of their way. They plow through traffic, I tuck in behind them, match their speed and whizz by everyone. I try to hang back just enough to not be obvious. On the highway/interstate, you have to stay back about a 1/4 mile. On city streets, just a few car lengths... It doesn't always work, but when it does, you can make good time through city traffic.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Scott,

You said:

" I wish to respectfully disagree with many of your view points that supports Natalie Plummer. First of all, Natalie Plummer is not a law enforcement officer and her work to me, constitute interference in the work of law enforcement officers. Its important that police officers keep the road safer by enforcing posted speed limit regardless of the methods used. I think, she was doing a great deservice to the society that keeps her safety interest at heart."

If you cut through everything, Natalie Plummer was arrested for being on the street, when there was a sidewalk she SHOULD have been occupying. This is government run amok. Are we free citizens with Constitutional liberties, or are we SUBJECTS of a govenment whom we should be responsible for electing and kicking out of office for such egregious travesties?

The Houston police were Nazis and I am ashamed of you for even considering Natalie commited any crime. She was just warning other FREE people the GOVERNMENT was screwing people with a speed trap. (See the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution for petitioning for redress against the Government when they are assholes.) I'm appalled you don't find that conduct outrageous and a big infringement on our liberies.

She was STANDING ON THE STREET and NOT the SIDEWALK, for Christ's sake, and advertising a local government's scam against it's own people for Christ's sake! What kind of sheeple are you, anyway? Get some stones. The Government doesn't give us Liberties. God gave us Liberties and WE are supposed to let the Government serve at OUR pleasure. We don't serve them at THEIR pleasure. Where in the world does any government have the right to charge us with a crime when we stand in the street and notify other citizens of a government scam instead of a sidewalk, especially since I've seen no evidence where Natalie actually posed a danger to motorists or herself by doing that?

Who's the criminal here, her or Houston's police and scumbag bureaucrats who make up such bullshit laws? The answer should be obvious.

Farkel

• Scott77
    Scott77

"... Anyone who seemed to be in danger of going too fast, I gave them the 'flashing' signal. One car came around a curve flying. At least 10 over the limit. I started flashing to warn him. Then as he got close I realized it was a cop..."
    undercover

Based on that descriptions, you would have been another "Natalie Plummer" except that it was not your unlucky day. IMHO, those motorists who speed should be ticketed as deterrence. By flushing lights are a warning to the presence of cops, you are not helping to creat a safer society.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...The Houston police were Nazis and I am ashamed of you for even considering Natalie commited any crime..."
    Farkel

Mr. Farkel

I have a great respect for your regular contributions and insight on this JWN site. However, on this thread, I think for a certainity, you are dead incorrect on that. Period.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

Hi Scott - yes this was the thread. I had trouble associating the name Natalie Plummer with it.

Where did we leave this? She was not guilty of anything due to freedom of speech?

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...I'm against any kind of government meddling against Freedom Of Speech, especially law enforcement agencies which are supposed to protect our freedoms, not attempt to deny them..."
    DesirousOfChange

Mr. Woods, the free speech issue was originally brought up by DesirousOfChange as can be seen above repost from the first page of this thread. Howver, I think its way further from the truth.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

Scott, are you saying then that Natalie does not have the right of free speech to warn other drivers of this speed trap?

That would indeed be an interesting constitutional interpretation.

• DATA-DOG
  • Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

On June 21, 2012 Natalie Plummer was arrested, right off the sidewalk, when she held an impromptu sign, made from a paper grocery sack, warning drivers of an oncoming "speed trap". After being handled aggressively and illegally searched. She was told that she was being charged with a felony that carried a sentence of an automatic 3-5 year prison sentence.

After, carelessly letting all of her belongings tumble down the street into oncoming traffic, out of the back of the officer's patrol car, the officer discovered this sign was not actually illegal. So, they created another fictional charge- "walking on a street where a sidewalk was provided", a misdemeanor offense. She was not told at the time her official charge or that her sign was not illegal. She was told she was getting "let off easy".

However, they threatened if she ever committed such an act again, there would be much worse consequences compared to anything she had experienced that day. She was then dangerously transported to jail without a seat belt until finally the officers acknowledged her comments and stopped on an entrance ramp to a freeway in the middle of rush hour (police stops of this manner have recently caused death of motorists IN HOUSTON).

Hours later in jail, when being booked. Natalie finally found out what her official charge was. She was advised to plead guilty to the charge so she could get out of jail quicker, otherwise she would have to stay much longer to await trial unless she could get a hold of some one to bail her out. Also, if she plead guilty upon release there would be no further actions. She stood by her innocence and pleaded "Not Guilty" to any charges, before guaranteeing her bail be posted.

Luckily, she was able to contact family and post bail and be released within approximately 12 hours of her original arrest.

After being released, Natalie started studying what the laws actually were. She then found out, this was a blatant violation of her First Amendment rights and furthermore her Fourth Amendment rights when here back pack was illegally searched.

When the Houston Police Department arrested Natalie Plummer they not only violated her rights, but used police intimidation to threaten any future use of those same rights. In doing so, they have threatened every single citizen's rights.

The charges have been dropped!
    by Natalie Plummer Petition Organizer

Thank you everyone for signing my petition. When I got to court today the charges had already been dropped, all thanks to you guys for all of your support!

Thanks again!
    - Natalie Plummer

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hmmm....,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit