What Do you think? Is Natalie Plummer an Idiot? Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap

by Scott77 69 Replies latest social current

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What was the manufacturer's original intend of speed trap? If you get the answer, then, we will be able to better put that into context of understanding Natalie Plummer-police fiasco.

The manufacturer's original intent of the speed trap was to make money, by selling it to the police.

The polic department's original intent of buying and operating the speed trap was to catch drivers exceeding the speed limit and charge them fines.

Iam not surprised that minimus as highly respected is, has quickly jumped to support his old time friend, Mr. james_woods.

Actually, we only agree on this one thing - in reality we hate each other with a deep and abiding hatred - the white-hot hatred of a mega super-nova.

So, Scott77 - are you saying that you would have just deliberately kept speeding if you had been accidentally speeding and Natalie Plummer had warned you? That is an answer in morality which Minimus and I would surely like to hear.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Apparently, a judge in FL agrees with the consensus here--warning of a speed trap is an exercise of first amendment rights (kudos to the judge!):

http://autos.aol.com/article/warning-other-drivers-of-speed-traps-is-constitutionally-protect/

• james_woods
    james_woods

My adopted cat hates Minimus.

• undercover
    undercover

Everyone who operates a motor vehicle is in what I call "the driving lottery". It's like Powerball, only backwards...and the odds of winning this lottery are much, much higher.

Sooner or later your number is called and you get a "driving award", where you get to go downtown and give money to the local government. The only way to avoid being included in this lottery is to not drive.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Would this be a good time to bring up the Red Light Cameras?

A well-researched study has indicated that they absolutely do nothing to stop intersection accidents - in fact, some intersections where they have been installed actually showed an increase in accident rates - likely because the yellow light interval was reduced in an effort to make them catch more violations.

• undercover
    undercover

You mean the red light cameras that are unconstitutional?

The "pay the fine now and fight the charge later" racket? The system that throws, "innocent until proven guilty" right out the window? The racket that uses independant contractors instead of law enforcement to operate the units, write the 'tickets', mail them out... and... collect the money, getting to keep a portion of it?

Some areas of NC had to remove them because the money collected was supposed to go to school systems, but the contractors were keeping part of the proceeds. The courts ruled against them keeping anything more than expenses(no profits) and since they couldn't make money, they pulled out leaving the system unsustainable, so they shut em off.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yup, those very cameras, Undercover.

The ones that fine the registered owner of the vehicle, no matter who was actually driving.

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

She is a hero!

• Diest
    Diest

Scott,

Everyone but you think this lady did a good job. Why are you claiming that Minimus is helping out JW. Look you are wrong on this issue.

If you hate speeding so much because someone you loved was killed by a speeder, I am sorry. That being said this is a 1st amendment issue and many have and will die for that right.

• Scott77
    Scott77

So, Scott77 - are you saying that you would have just deliberately kept speeding if you had been accidentally speeding and Natalie Plummer had warned you? That is an answer in morality which Minimus and I would surely like to hear.
    james_woods

I have great respect for Mr. James Woods, Minimus, Diest and by extension, all those great folks who have endorsed Natalie Plummer's action however irresponsible it was. Of course I would have slowed if I had 'been accidentally speeding and Natalie Plummer warned me' about speed trap. However, that is beside the point. I can also justifiably argue; Would have Natalie Plummer warned speeding drivers if law enforcement had not set up the speed trap? At issue is Natalie Plummer's motivation or intent. She might have had other issues with the Cops. In my opinion, that does not in anyway, justify her action.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit