What Do you think? Is Natalie Plummer an Idiot? Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap

by Scott77 69 Replies latest social current

• james_woods
    james_woods

My adopted cat hates Diest, too.

But she loves Natalie Plummer.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

However, I understand that Court documents indicates Plummer was cited with a misdemeanor, being charged for "...walking in the roadway where there is a sidewalk present....in the roadway...[thus] ...a danger to herself and others [and] "..an arrestable offense.". For being combative and resisting arrest

Assuming this is a legitimate charge, how many people do you know that get ARRESTED for walking on the road?

While this officer was arresting someone for WALKING he could have been catching people that had a broken tail-light, it might have been the next Ted Bundy. With all the gangs, drug addicts, murderers and rapists around, do you feel taking the time to arrest, drag someone down to the police station, process and hold them for 12 hours was the optimal use of the Officer's time?

Do you feel safer knowing that somewhere there is a cop that is keeping you safe by locking up people who may walk on the road WHILE THERE IS A SIDEWALK PRESENT!!!

Did this person even have a criminal record? Why was he trying to ARREST someone for walking on the road? Nothing to do with petty revenge for someone ruining his cash stop I bet.

• Scott77
    Scott77

My adopted cat hates Diest, too. But she loves Natalie Plummer.

james_woods

Natalie Plummer holds up a sign she says is like the one she held to warn drivers the day she was arrested near downtown Houston

Natalie Plummer , above is james_woods' Cat favorite. Sigh. I thought that was ironical since Minimus and Diest were some of your 'amicus curiae' All said, Paralipomenon, I will get back to you with a rebuttal. Just for your tip, I sensed a serious oversight in your presentation.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

My adopted cat also hates Paralipomenon. She hates almost everybody except for Natalie Plummer.

• Diest
    Diest

James, You are scribbling with your mouth.

• james_woods
    james_woods

So is this thread, Diest.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...While this officer was arresting someone for WALKING he could have been catching people that had a broken tail-light, it might have been the next Ted Bundy. With all the gangs, drug addicts, murderers and rapists around, do you feel taking the time to arrest, drag someone down to the police station, process and hold them for 12 hours was the optimal use of the Officer's time?..."
    Paralipomenon
    Well, you provided a reference to the notorious Ted Bundy to suggest that two police officers who arrested Natalie Plummer, would have used their time better '...catching people that had a broken tail-light...the next Ted Bundy...the gangs, drug addicts, murderers and rapists' Its my opinion that the cops in Natalie Plummer's setting were not only after speeders alone but very ones who are had a broken tail-light...the next Ted Bundy...the gangs, drug addicts, murderers and rapists' I think, you got the big picture. Its not helpful to simplify issue to mere budgetary constraints as being the major factor for law enforcement decision to set up speed traps. Got it? Scott77

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Got it?

You had made the point before, that's why I included it.

After discovering this person was no threat, what would serve the public good more, moving the speed trap to another location, or arresting a peaceful citizen on a misdemeanor charge that usually would be at worst, a ticket.

What about Natalie Plummer was so bad that they automatically went for the most severe punishment? If you want to assert that the officers do a public good with speed traps by identifying dangerous offenders, then I think it is a valid counter point that rather than continue in this important work, that they instead wasted an afternoon on arresting someone on about the the most minor charge in the book tying up two officers and a police car.

While the calls are coming in to 911, these two would be at the station booking someone who ALLEGEDLY put a foot on the road.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but these two officers retaliated against a citizen they swore an oath to serve and protect because they were mad that she was impacting their ticket quota. Abuses of justice should be punished, not celebrated.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...Abuses of justice should be punished, not celebrated"
    Paralipomenon

I sincerely believe like what you quoted me,'the officers [were]do[ing] a public good with speed traps by identifying dangerous offenders". Unfortuanately, Natalie Plummer was not aware about Officer's intention. I think, by warning drivers about police trap, she thought such action will be 'impacting their ticket quota'. As to your suggestion that Officers might have thought of 'moving the speed trap to another location',possibly as a result of Natalie's interferances,I think, that sounds reasonable but it does raises more questions than answers. Police officers might have intentionally selected that spot of the road for a good reason '...catching people that had a broken tail-light...the next Ted Bundy...the gangs, drug addicts, murderers and rapists'

Scott77

• moshe
    moshe

I have read that officers have fine quotas in some cities- bring in the traffic fines or we have to lay off officers- she was giving them grief by scaring off the speeders- the sooner they made the quota for the day, the sooner they could go to the donut shop.

i use an phone app called Waze- you can report sightings of police, accidents, stalled cars, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit