What Do you think? Is Natalie Plummer an Idiot? Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap

by Scott77 69 Replies latest social current

• Scott77
  • The Oracle
    The Oracle

I'm not a big fan of speed traps that are designed as cash cows.

I don't mind speed traps in areas where high speed driving is actually a serious problem and threatens the safety of others.

Sounds like this may have been a cash grab. If it was I am I favor of this woman doing the warning work and am against her arrest.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

In the area where I live the, local police of a small suburb near a medium sized city sets up a speed trap at the bottom of a hill SL is 35 it you coast down the hill you may get to 45. Ticket for 10 over. it's just a revenue raising method so of course they're pissed at her for warning people

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm against any kind of government meddling against Freedom Of Speech, especially law enforcement agencies which are supposed to protect our freedoms, not attempt to deny them.

In no way can it be said that Ms. Plummer worked against the true goal of law enforcement. The SUPPOSED goal of the enforcement of speed laws is to make the roadways safer by slowing down traffic. Ms. Plummer's actions of advising that there was a "speed trap" ahead would slow down traffic offenders regardless of whether a speed trap was in place or not. Thus, she was contributing to the "cause" of making the roadway safer. The only thing her actions worked against, was the City lining its pockets with the money of the citizens.

COPS ARE THE NEW TAX COLLECTORS FOR CASH STRAPPED CITYS AND STATES.

Remember what Jesus said of the Tax Collectors! (He just had no idea how bad it would get!)

Doc

• yknot
    yknot

Ditto DOC....

H-town popo being wusses!

• james_woods
    james_woods

The ironic thing is, her warning would have served to slow the drivers down - which is what the stated purpose of the police speed trap is.

The police would never admit that they really do this for the purpose of raising money. But they do - and of course, if nobody was speeding, they would raise no money from it.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Those police are corrupt.

If the court is not corrupt it will dismiss the charges. If it is honorable, it will penalize the police and award damages to Ms Plummer.

• james_woods
    james_woods

If this is the same case I read about in Houston, I believe that the prosecuting attorney refused to prosecute and the charges were reduced to some public (sidewalk) use violation and dismissed.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Being a Houston resident, I know first-hand that it it next to impossible to get ticketed on the main freeways driving at 80-85 mph, unless you are drivind like an a**hole.

My hat is off to her for riding even riding a bicycle here. Being that she lives here there is no way she would have stepped out into the street. More people are killed every year on Houston freeways from having car troubles and venturing out of their vehicles than from actual accidents.

I agree with the earlier posters that the main issue here is one of free speech.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

What is the difference between what she did and what radio stations do when they warn of speed traps? (I think they use a different term than speed trap but I can't think what it is at the moment.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit