What Do you think? Is Natalie Plummer an Idiot? Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap

by Scott77 69 Replies latest social current

• Scott77
    Scott77

This could have been Natalie Plummer's high school daughter but its inexcusable to

alert her in interest of safety and personal responsibility.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

This could have been Natalie Plummer's high school daughter but its inexcusable to

alert her in interest of safety and personal responsibility.

Scott, honestly - I don't think anybody here understands why you are tilting this windmill.

If the girl in the picture had been alerted, she would have slowed down - which would

have been in her best interest...i.e. safety and personal responsibility.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Scott, honestly - I don't think anybody here understands why you are tilting this windmill.If the girl in the picture had been alerted, she would have slowed down - which wouldhave been in her best interest...i.e. safety and personal responsibility.

james_woods

Mr. james_woods ,

Iam at great pain to explain my point but feel slightly irked that some of our great minds on this thread do not see the way I see things. Iam fully aware Mr james_woods . has greatly benefited from a chorus of peer endorsements that tilted toward his line of thinking. I feel, this is very troubling and disturbing. Regardless, I can also justifiably ask you guys; Would have Natalie Plummer warned speeding drivers if law enforcement had not set up the speed trap? At issue is Natalie Plummer's motivation or intent. She might have had other issues with the Cops. In my opinion, that does not in anyway, justify her irresponsible and, anti-society action.

Scott77

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

So Scott77, do you feel that the Police Officer was in his right to fabricate charges against Natalie Plummer?

She was not detained for holding up a sign, the charge she was brought in for was standing on the street, of which she denies. As she tried to reason with the officer he tried to get her for resisting arrest.

No doubt the in car camera would have been unfortunately turned off for this arrest as well.

It was an abuse of power and an illegal arrest. I hope the power tripping officer has his badge removed.

There are plenty of fine officers in the police force, but they really need to reel those in that feel they can walk all over someone's civil rights because they have a badge.

Frankly I have difficulty understanding why you would support this.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Rob4b1 says,"I've been a cop for over 40 years and don't think she should have been arrested but think about what you all who flash your lights and give these warnings are doing. I've arrested a ton of very bad guys on warrants, stolen cars, dui's etc... over the years after stopping them for such things as tail lights, headlight, and, yes, speeding. If you remember Ted Bundy you will recall that he was captured in Florida due to a tail light violation. So if you want to keep giving those "speed trap" warnings go ahead but now you have to think about who you may be warning and whose kidnaped child may be in that car and about to be killed. Think about it".
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/08/woman-arrested-for-warning-drivers-about-speed-trap/#more-91197

For those of esteemed guys, before you continue to jump on the chorus of endorsements in support of Natalie Plummer's irresponseible action, I think, the above merit serious consideration.

Scott77

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It was an abuse of power and an illegal arrest. I hope the power tripping officer has his badge removed.

Don't hold your breath! Any charges against him will be review by an "impartial" board of POLICE OFFICERS!!

There are plenty of fine officers in the police force, but they really need to reel those in that feel they can walk all over someone's civil rights because they have a badge.

REALLY? Find me a couple of "fine officers" under 50 years old, and I'll buy them a donut. NOBODY goes into law enforcement that doesn't have "issues". Lawyers are just as despised, BUT they make $250,000 year.

Doc

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

REALLY? Find me a couple of "fine officers" under 50 years old, and I'll buy them a donut. NOBODY goes into law enforcement that doesn't have "issues".

Last summer I sold my car and the person that came to pick it up asked if we could hold off taking the plates off until he drove home. I have a friends and family plan of insurance for my car so I agreed to let him drive and followed him up.

I was able to take off the back plate but the front plate has seized screws and I didn't have the proper tools to remove it. The guy and his wife assured me that they were registering it and the plate on it didn't have the stickers on it so it wasn't legal.

Fast forward about 3 months I get a stack of parking tickets. I call up the local police station and explain the situation, I honestly thought that there was nothing to be done. I didn't get the initial ticket so by the time I got the notice the time to fight it in court had passed.

It went back and forth a few times as the lady at the office had to wait for a couple others to run the situation by them and they happened to be on vacation. What I thought was stall tactics turned out to be legitimate and she called up and said that I needed a police case number to attach to the file and they would close all the tickets.

I went down to the local station and explained what I needed to the officer at the desk. About half way through, this massively fat cop waddles over and loudly starts to insult me.

I left the plates on it, that was illegal, as far as he was concerned I should be CHARGED. I should be thankful he was in a good mood and just leave it alone and walk away. I was a bit floored. I told him that it was an oversight that I was not aware of. I understand ignorance of the law is not a defense, but I was a bit shocked to be threated with a criminal charge for something that another officer told me they would look after.

I asked what I was supposed to do now that I am still getting tickets and don't have the plate. He said I gave the plates away as a gift and the police would not help, in fact if I went to take them back he could follow me out and arrest me for tresspassing.

At this point I reiterated what he told me and asked if that was the official police stance. He affirmed it, so took out my phone and asked for his badge number. He just snorted and he didn't have time to waste with me and walked away.

After he left the lady at the front desk took out police report filled out my details and gave it to me. I faxed it over and they actually removed all the tickets from my file.

So one pompus ass and two nice officers. If I had their names I would likely send those two donuts as well. :)

• Scott77
    Scott77

So Scott77, do you feel that the Police Officer was in his right to fabricate charges against Natalie Plummer? She was not detained for holding up a sign, the charge she was brought in for was standing on the street, of which she denies. As she tried to reason with the officer he tried to get her for resisting arrest.

Paralipomenon

Honestly, I do not feel qualified to interprete the action of two Houston Police Department officers as to whether it was a 'fabricated' charge to arrest Natalie Plummer or not. That is the Judge to decide. However, I understand that Court documents indicates Plummer was cited with a misdemeanor, being charged for "...walking in the roadway where there is a sidewalk present....in the roadway...[thus] ...a danger to herself and others [and] "..an arrestable offense.". For being combative and resisting arrest, Plummer got a bond after spending 12 hours in jail. So this is someone you great great and gals consider to be a hero? I know great thinkers like james_woods are not short of ideas but w here is critical thinking here? Is this fair and reasonable? Please, give me a break.

Scott77

• james_woods
    james_woods

My adopted cat still hates Minimus.

• Diest
    Diest

Scott,

This comes back to a mistrust of the police in the US. If you want I can point to the many incidents that have created this mistrust.

I dont agree with James Woods 75% of the time so quit saying that it is some sort of support of JW. The issue of mistrusting police seems to transend the liberal/conservitive boundry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit