The Field Service will end someday, maybe?

by Quarterback 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Throughout my life my parents have said that just before the beginning of Armageddon, God would tell the Watchtower to instruct the Witnesses to stop going door to door.

Several summers ago when they were really pushing the end is coming soon I asked my Dad if they had been told to stop going door to door to which he replied "No." I said to him "Then Armageddon is coming yet." I got the blank look as usual.

The only reason Field Serve-Us will stop is because it has proven to be no longer lucrative.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Anyone else see the fly-in-the-logic-ointment?

Yeah, that would be right after child quit being born, and infants quit growing up and reaching the age of being able to learn about YHWH.

It's like an eternal game of whack-a-mole, where the work is never done!!

PS Dagney, your avatar is hung! Mine is a female, I think... Wanna trade avatars? :)

• baltar447
    baltar447

Either no longer lucrative or too prohibitively exspensive because of potential lawsuits.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As a lad we were told that the end would be preceded by 1) a really hard message of denunciation that would tell them that they had had their chance and blown it ! & 2) Our being told to stop the preaching work because Jehovah had taken out from the system all that he wanted. Then we were to crawl into our place of safety and let the fireworks begin.

Fifty years later, they are still preaching

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Baltar447:

Either no longer lucrative or too prohibitively exspensive because of potential lawsuits.

With most paper magazines going to on-line versions (which are subscription-based), I think it's only a matter of time before they read the handwriting is on the wall. They may have made a tactical error in forgoing the subscription model (although the dedicated R&F would sign up for it). Even if they go to on-line distribution, I don't think they'd risk selling ad revenue (based on page hits): no doubt some JWs would realize it was like the Temple being over-run by the money-changers and those selling things, and Jesus' bride would be reprimanded by Jesus, who'd be forced to overturn the tables she set up....

Maybe they need to change strategy, standing on streetcorners with huge signs pointing to the official JW.org site. ,

Kinda like this guy, but with a bigger URL?

I suggested to JWs that if they want to keep up, they're going to have to get bigger signs, and maybe start with the sign-dancing thing (like the Little Caesar guy in town: he IS good, and people love to watch him and honk as they drive by....). They were not amused....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's code for "Recruitment efforts may cost more than we benefit from them, eventually. If that is the case, we will change plans. Until then, carry on."

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

It's code for "Recruitment efforts may cost more than we benefit from them, eventually. If that is the case, we will change plans. Until then, carry on."

Although, it's just occurred to me that D2D costs the Society nothing, zilch, zippo. I'm sure they get a great rate on whatever mags thet do send out, PLUS they get free labor at Bethel, without the worries of unions, benefits, retirement packages (well, for workers, that is).

Plus it allows members to feel like they're actually DOING something. Just don't see the downside there, following in Jesus' words of the need for preaching to others.....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This will not happen...3 reasons:

1: it provides a busy work for the members, that they are always feeling guilty they are not doing enough of.

2. it serves to separate the members from non-members by making them different, and having to engage in a work that makes them stand out

3. it is free publicity for the org

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It serves as a way to measure the spirituality of the flock. It also serves to know which brothers should be promoted.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, in the new system when all the bad people are dead and cannot be saved. The study work will continue though the WTS has some formula that studying with the resurrected will not take long. Then it will be the same old propaganda sessions as a group. No df'ing, just instant death....

I can hardly wait..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit